Menu

What's with the ads?

North Coast School

teaching textbooks 3.0 is live!

We've been using it for a few weeks now. I sent TT an email asking if they were ever going to have an online version and they almost immediately emailed me an invitation setup an online account. I couldn't believe it was so cheap compared to the disc version! I feel like it is below grade level so we're moving through it quite quickly, but my son enjoys the format and interface so no complaints from me.

Man, my daughter just started level 7. That stinks. I wasn't worried about buying it because of the good resale value. So much for that.

Back to the drawing board for me [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

+1 :D

This is definitely in the running for my youngest, next year.

And I'm seriously considering dropping our current program (BJU) and picking this up to finish/backtrack this year!

• Like 1

And note that the discs are incompaitble with the newest MAC iOS update... 

I do think 10 months is too short for most of us. Why not 12 months?

And note that the discs are incompaitble with the newest MAC iOS update...

I do think 10 months is too short for most of us. Why not 12 months?

I agree with this. I think many homeschoolers school year round.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Emma, they say they are still going to offer the disc/print materials so maybe you do not need to look elsewhere.

Man, my daughter just started level 7. That stinks. I wasn't worried about buying it because of the good resale value. So much for that.

I don't know. I think a lot of people are still going to want the physical copies. Large families or slow internet...

• Like 1

I really wish that they would offer 12 months instead of 10. Our school year is longer than 10 months.

I don't know. I think a lot of people are still going to want the physical copies. Large families or slow internet...

It's still available and will continue to be.  I think it's pretty savvy - a subscription makes a lot more sense for small families and I'd suspect most families in general.

It's still available and will continue to be.  I think it's pretty savvy - a subscription makes a lot more sense for small families and I'd suspect most families in general.

I know. the pp was worried about resale value going through the floor because people would be mostly using the subscription, but I think plenty of people will still want hardcopies too!

So, we do not need to buy the book? Do they work out the problems on paper and then just type it in? I know there is an ebook but not sure how often it is used or if the video is just watched and questions answered online.

Dd7 just finished TT3 and started 4, both online. I didn't get her the book or print it out. It was unnecessary. I just had her write down the trickier problems but yeah, you don't have to have the book.