Fri- Pan Seared Salmon, Roasted Cauliflower, Turmeric Spiced Rice

Sat- Chicken Chili

Sun- Meatloaf, Mashed Potaties, & Green Beans

Mon- Beef Stir-Fry

Tues- Fish Tacos!!!! :)

Wed- Baked Eggplant

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

I am DYING over the fish stick tacos being such a hit! But I do love them too. :) It was a desperation dinner one night, and my son jazzed it up with his sauce. :lol:

Scarlett, I cook mine dry on the stove, but I also but them in the oven to keep them warm.

How do you mean dry on top of the stove? Gas? Or just in a pan with no oil? How do you keep them from crumbling?

I made this baked risotto last week, and it was such a hit that it's showing up again this week.  I increased everything by 50% but otherwise made it exactly as described (I added the spinach, which is listed as optional), and it was excellent.  My family knows that if I make a new recipe and it's too hard/too long/too complicated, it's not showing up again, so they took a bite and then all looked at me tentatively asking, "Was it hard?"  With my resounding "no," they all but burst into song.  All of the standing and stirring that makes risotto such a pain?  Totally unnecessary, as it turns out.  All you need is a Dutch oven with a tight-fitting lid.  I have a lot of nights that I don't get home from baseball practice or whatever until 7:30 or even later, but since I'd browned the sausage earlier in the day, I was able to throw everything else together and have dinner on the table by about 8.

Lemme see. Kinda want to use up what's in the fridge....

Today: Kielbasa w/ potatoes cooked in some way that's agreeable to everybody, mashed peas and spinach, salad

Tomorrow: Dirty rice and, I dunno, greens of some sort

Monday: Coconut black eyed peas, cauliflower with cilantro*, roasted okra

Tuesday: Lentils with onion topping, beets cooked with tomatoes, kale and coconut

Wednesday: Chickpeas with tomatoes, green beans with mustard, roasted cauliflower

Thursday: Duck if I can sneak it past the girls, otherwise chicken cooked over potatoes, carrots with lemon, green beans, broccoli

Friday: Salmon with green goddess cauliflower rice and some other vegetable on the side, maybe peas and carrots. Also a salad.

* This is the best cauliflower you can make in a skillet, and so easy. Heat up your deep skillet. Once it's hot, add in some cumin and mustard seeds. Toast a few seconds, then add oil and minced garlic. Stir, stir, stir, quick add your chopped cauliflower, put a lid on it, cook until cooked, stirring occasionally. Lift lid, add salt and pepper to taste and also chopped cilantro. Everything is optional except the mustard seeds, cauliflower, salt, and cilantro.

• Like 1

How do you mean dry on top of the stove? Gas? Or just in a pan with no oil? How do you keep them from crumbling?

I set a little fry pan on to medium-high and let it get hot. No oil. I put one tortilla in the pan at a time, about 1-1/2 mins. per side, until the side starts to brown just a bit or bubble. Then I flip it over and repeat.

I did my own America's Test Kitchen in the beginning, dipping the tortillas briefly in water before heating in a lightly greased pan, and then just plain tortillas in a lightly greased pan. The dry tortilla/dry pan has worked the best for me. I use the smaller corn tortillas, not the big flour ones, although I've done the same cooking method with the flour, and it seems to work fine too.

• Like 1

Sunday: Sweet potato sushi burritos

Monday: Pea pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach

Tuesday: Pumpkin chili with wild rice and kale

Wednesday: Sushi bowls with crunchy shrimp, pickled radish, and seaweed salad

Thursday: Peanut curry over sticky rice

Friday: Eggplant parmesan

Saturday: Soy curls fajitas

Sunday: Lentil soup and almond flour flatbread

We almost always make our pizza with homemade dough. (Friday nights is pizza night 90% of the time.)  This week we made them using French bread.  I had bought frozen French bread at Costco, but any would work.  It was a really nice change.  I grew up on Stouffer's French Bread pizzas as a special treat.  It was nice to recreate that...only better. :)

• Like 1

So this is my week

Sunday We had Wal Mart Pizza

Monday We had a teriyaki stir fry.  Super easy.  I had a big bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, squash, cauliflower) I added 8 oz of mushrooms and a bell pepper.  Super easy sauce after everything was cooked. The meat was from our freezer---some sort of round steak.  And some roasted Brussel sprouts.

Tuesday tonight will be Chili

Wednesday (just dh and me) Mediterranean Bowls

Thursday Fish  Stick tacos and some Taco Rice. 

• Like 1

I had sofritos burritos tonight, husband ordered pizza, I don't know what my kids ate.

More burritos tomorrow night. I pulled a batch of pork green chile from my freezer, and we'll have scrambled egg and cheese burritos, smothered in green chile.

FISH STICK tacos! Regular fish sticks baked until crispy, chopped up on little corn tortillas with shredded cabbage and a sriracha/lime aoili. A favorite of mine!

I don't know yet for the last two nights.

Corned beef, potatoes, carrots, horseradish sauce on St. Patrick's Day.

I'm always looking for a good Pork Green Chile and would love your recipe. Pork Green Chile is hard to come by in the South. 😜

Going to try the Fish Stick Tacos too. :)

Korean Beef and brown rice
Egyptian Koshari
Roasted Vegetables with leftover turkey slices from last week
Greek Salad, hummus, pita
Black Lentil soup and crusty bread (with leftover salad)
Croissants, Omelettes, and Canadian Bacon slices
Louisiana Read Beans and Rice with Andouille Sausage

I'm always looking for a good Pork Green Chile and would love your recipe. Pork Green Chile is hard to come by in the South. 😜

Going to try the Fish Stick Tacos too. :)

I love this recipe. After making it a time or two, it is super easy. (Other than the cook time,) the longest part is cutting or shredding the meat.

Green Pork Chile

2 T. oil

1 large onion, chopped

1 head of garlic, minced (I dump in a couple of spoonfuls of minced garlic from a jar)

6 T. flour

2 lbs. leftover pork roast, shredded or diced

1 - 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained

3 large tomatillos, coarsely chopped (found in your fresh produce section, near the jalapenos)

2 c. diced green chiles, drained (I use a big 28-32 oz. can of whole green chiles, a bit more than 2 c., then toss into the food processor)

5 c. water

1 T. cumin

2 T. chili powder

1 t. salt

Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion; saute until tender but not brown.  Stir in garlic, and cook for a few more minutes.  Stir flour into onion mixture until flour is absorbed by fat.  Add water.  Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is slightly thickened.  Add shredded pork, drained tomatoes, chopped tomatillos, all green chiles, and spices.  Simmer for at least an hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking/burning on bottom of pan.

I like this best in a burrito with scrambled egg and cheese, and then also poured on top of the burrito, topped with sour cream and lettuce. You can serve in burritos, over burritos, with tortilla chips, with tortillas. Freezes easily.

I love this recipe. After making it a time or two, it is super easy. (Other than the cook time,) the longest part is cutting or shredding the meat.

Green Pork Chile

2 T. oil

1 large onion, chopped

1 head of garlic, minced (I dump in a couple of spoonfuls of minced garlic from a jar)

6 T. flour

3 large tomatillos, coarsely chopped (found in your fresh produce section, near the jalapenos)

2 c. diced green chiles, drained (I use a big 28-32 oz. can of whole green chiles, a bit more than 2 c., then toss into the food processor)

5 c. water

1 T. cumin

2 T. chili powder

1 t. salt

Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion; saute until tender but not brown. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few more minutes. Stir flour into onion mixture until flour is absorbed by fat. Add water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is slightly thickened. Add shredded pork, drained tomatoes, chopped tomatillos, all green chiles, and spices. Simmer for at least an hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking/burning on bottom of pan.

I like this best in a burrito with scrambled egg and cheese, and then also poured on top of the burrito, topped with sour cream and lettuce. You can serve in burritos, over burritos, with tortilla chips, with tortillas. Freezes easily.

Thank you!! I can't wait to try it! When we lived in Colorado, a little restaurant had the best Green Chile and I've been trying to recreate it ever since. They served it over refried beans with a side or tortillas and guacamole.

OMGosh, I miss Albuquerque!

Top 2 things I miss...green Chile and the blue sky.

Can anyone send me the recipe for the blue sky?!

:lol:

Green Pork Chile

2 T. oil

1 large onion, chopped

6 T. flour

5 c. water

1 T. cumin

2 T. chili powder

1 t. salt

Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion; saute until tender but not brown. Stir in garlic, and cook for a few more minutes. Stir flour into onion mixture until flour is absorbed by fat. Add water. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is slightly thickened. Add shredded pork, drained tomatoes, chopped tomatillos, all green chiles, and spices. Simmer for at least an hour, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking/burning on bottom of pan.

Thank you!! I can't wait to try it! When we lived in Colorado, a little restaurant had the best Green Chile and I've been trying to recreate it ever since. They served it over refried beans with a side or tortillas and guacamole.

New week here-

Thurs- GF Lasagna Bake

Fri- Salmon, turmeric rice, + Cauliflower

Sat- Baked Eggplant (this didn't get made this week so I'm pushing it to the weekend when I have more time)- we just eat this w/ sauce

Sun- Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans, Mushrooms, & Garlic

Mon- Mini Pizzas/Leftover Eggplant

Tues- Bean Tacos w/ Cilantro Rice, w/ roasted peppers & onions

Wed- GF Spaghetti, GF noodles for the kids,leftover roasted peppers & onions w/ mine

Edited by soror

Something that adds a nice flavor and crunch to tacos and nachos is pickled red onions.

They are simple to make. Here's an easy recipe. The cinnamon stick can be skipped.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/pickled-red-onions-513878

I was astonished at how easy and how delicious pickled onions are. We use them in the summer when grilling burgers, or having pulled pork sandwiches... never thought about tacos.   I've never seen a recipe that included a cinnamon stick, interesting.

• Like 1

I was astonished at how easy and how delicious pickled onions are. We use them in the summer when grilling burgers, or having pulled pork sandwiches... never thought about tacos. I've never seen a recipe that included a cinnamon stick, interesting.

I had them on food truck nachos a few years ago. Yum!

That link was just the first recipe I saw...I've got another recipe written down somewhere but I'm too lazy to retype. :lol:

• Like 1