Menu

I'm getting tired of salad

Night Elf

So is it more a texture dislike than a taste thing? because neither  of them have a pronounced taste.

I think that's what I don't like about it. It's like something crunchy and invisible in my mouth. I don't like celery either which is sort of like that.

I do have lite ranch but I'm not tied to lite dressings. I used to be back when I was restricting calories so much but I don't do that as much anymore. I'm open to trying new dressings. I just don't know what to try. I only know the typical ones that you find at restaurants like ranch, blue cheese, thousand islands, and catalina. I'm going to go the store today and take a look and see if anything interesting pops out at me.

Yesterday I had a plate of sauteed onions and yellow squash. So good! 

Do you like cottage cheese? I sometimes have salad with cottage cheese on top instead of dressing. Something like lettuce, red peppers, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes. Then add a scoop of cottage cheese and top with some raisins and sunflower seeds. The combination of different textures is really good (to me at least).

But that's more of a summer thing. Like others, I eat more cooked vegetables in the winter. How about some roasted sweet potato or creamed spinach? Those sound good to me right now.