Menu

Goal Chart/ Checklist?

I love how Ace PACES have goal cards for weekly work and a progress chart for the year. It helps to keep the student on track and know exactly what is expected. However, I do not like the work in the PACES. I much prefer to custom design our own homeschool. But, we are struggling to keep up and know what to do next, I need a system like the goal cards/progress chart but customised to our curriculum.

I nearly switched us over to PACES earlier this week for this exact reason alone.

Please send me your suggestions or pictures of what you use.

Thanks so much

I like to make a spreadsheet for each subject, with the weekly goals listed for the year (ex: SOTW ch 4... etc). With something like math, I just figure out how many pages per day on average. The work can flex as needed over the weeks, but it gives me a feel for where we are in the year.

Then each weekend, I make a one-page checklist for the following week. All the work for each day is listed. It makes a huge difference for us - the kids know exactly what they need to get done in a day and I know exactly what to check.

I’m not familiar with what you had with PACES, but here’s what we use.

I create a notebook for the year in OneNote. Each subject has a tab (eg English Language Arts), and each course a page (eg Literature 5th grade, or Spelling 1st grade). On that page I break down any curricula and resources in daily “chunks†- whatever I expect to cover in a day as individual tasks with check boxes (eg read pgs 6-18 of Text, watch linked video, write summary of text). I keep all those daily chunks on the page until Sunday when I copy and paste them onto the student’s weekly checklist. There’s a OneNote notebook for each kid for that school year, in it each month has its own tab, and each week has its own page on which is the weekly checklist. The kids can log in and look at what’s going on for the entire week, watch videos or see files I’ve added, check off their work.

I never make a checklist for more than a week, otherwise when the unexpected happens and something doesn’t get done it’s a train wreck for all future weeks. I also do NOT schedule enough lessons for 36 weeks x 5 day’s a week or it sets us up for stress. A full year’s course I schedule for about 150-160 days, so that we have flexibility. I’m on a mobile but I’ll see if I can’t post a picture.