Menu

Land's End jeans I bought my kid...

SparklyUnicorn

Fell apart.  Ripped!  Both within a short period of time.  In 16 years my son has not ripped a single pair of jeans.  I usually buy them at Walmart, but had trouble finding a size that worked.  The Walmart jeans are WAY WAY WAY less expensive, but never ripped.  The Land's End jeans claimed to be extra durable.  I just don't get it.  I guess one does NOT get what they pay for.

*sigh*

Can you return them. I've never done a lands end return. Maybe they've changed their workmanship in the last couple of years. However, for several years lands end have been the only pants I could get to fit my special needs ds. We've never had them fall apart.

DS recently finished with the kid sizes so we had to find another vendor that fits his shape, ability to pull on and off, and adult size with short legs.

• Like 1

Probably not.  I bought them some time ago and only recently he decided to wear them.  I bought two pairs.  Each lasted about a month. 

I was able to buy him a couple of pairs from Walmart recently.  They are too long, but not excessively so so they are working.  The odd thing is the shorter sizes also seem to be paired with the wider waist sizes. I can't seem to get both in one pair of jeans. 

They not only offer a lifetime guarantee, they also have an unconditional return policy so it wouldn’t matter how long ago you bought them - https://business.landsend.com/guarantee

LE jeans are the only ones I can get ds that are small enough in the waist, long enough in the leg, and sturdy enough to last more than a day or two. It’s odd that the ones you had didn’t last, but definitely let LE know. Thay’ll make it right.

• Like 1

That sounds like a defective pair. We have ripped out knees on various pants from them, but never popped a seam.

Two defective pairs.  They ripped at seams (not knees).  My kid is not rough and tumble.  KWIM?  He doesn't go and climb trees or play sports. 

And they fit properly (if anything they are slightly big).

Their quality has gone majorly downhill lately. The seam came out in a pair of yoga pants I bought my daughter after a month or so. I have another pair of yoga pants from them that have lasted through probably thousands of wearings. They were my oldest's favorite pants for about 5 years.

• Like 2

Two defective pairs. They ripped at seams (not knees). My kid is not rough and tumble. KWIM? He doesn't go and climb trees or play sports.

And they fit properly (if anything they are slightly big).

If you have a sewing machine that can handle jeans, I might be tempted to just repair the seams as they are slightly big and treat it as an alteration.

My boys are rough and children’s place outlet jeans has been great for them. Levi’s jeans kid size from Marshall’s has held up well too even with tree climbing. I only have problems getting DS13 jeans because he needs 26/27 by 29 and those odd sizes don’t come cheap.

• Like 1

If you have a sewing machine that can handle jeans, I might be tempted to just repair the seams as they are slightly big and treat it as an alteration.

My boys are rough and children’s place outlet jeans has been great for them. Levi’s jeans kid size from Marshall’s has held up well too even with tree climbing. I only have problems getting DS13 jeans because he needs 26/27 by 29 and those odd sizes don’t come cheap.

I searched high and low and paid extra to get these jeans specifically so I did not have to hem them.

So...no.  I refuse on principle.  LOL

Yeah the problem is finding a size that fits. I only went with them because they basically had the unusual size.

Oh my yes! In my case, ds is tall and skinny. I have spent far too long trying to find the kid jeans in stores. Finding him jeans at LE saves time and I pretty much never pay full price so that helps with cost.

Sorry they didn’t last for you. Ds has blown through other brand’s jeans we’ve bought him within a couple of days of them being purchased so I can relate.

• Like 1