Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
TheAttachedMama

Singapore Math Grade K: What do I need to buy?

With my older two children, I have used RightStart for kindergarten.   I've tried that approach with my youngest son, and he is just not enjoying the program at all.   He is the type who actually enjoys workbooks and learning to write letters/numbers.   (I think he is trying to copy his older brother and sister who he sees working in actual books.)   

SO--I was thinking of trying Singapore's kindergarten program with him.    If I do, what exactly do I need to buy?   Can I use just the textbook?   What about the story books?  Those look really cute.  Can anyone review those?   

There are two options for K with Singapore. There’s the option with those books or just go with Essentials which is two books, A and B. A is easy so you can always start with B. With DS he did A at about 4 and B at 5 and then moved onto MIF 1 so you definitely don’t need to use the more book version. With DD I’m doing Miquon Orange and B this time around because I was so impressed with Miquon which I started later with DS.

Math in Focus?

DD liked the Essentials books at that age. Easy to use. No expensive "extras" required. She also liked BJU K workbook. I didn't use the TM at all.