Menu

Bullet Journal people...help me out

I am about to finish my current and only bullet journal so far.  It is a moleskine with no lines, no dots and is the medium size.  I like the hard book cover, the size and the elastic but would like to have graph paper type paper.  I have used it over about 2 years so I need one that will hold up to being carried around.  Do you have a brand that you really like that fits this description.  A pen holder would be nice but not necessary.

ETA I have considered the Eccolo from Office Depot but haven't made my way over there to look at it.  I am not sure of the quality so if you have knowledge of this please share.

Edited by Mama Geek

Leuchtturm1917

https://www.leuchtturm1917.us/notebook-medium-a5-hardcover-249-numbered-pages-squared-navy.html?fee=19&fep=1432&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_6mp9ZbV2QIVAWh-Ch007gpREAQYASABEgKpcfD_BwE

Amazon sells it but this link has all the colors together. I’m about to start my third. They sell an add on pen holder.

• Like 6

I puffy heart love my Leuchtturm 1917. The grid dots are easy to see but disappear once I have drawn my boxes, etc. There is a little pocket in the back that’s great for tucking in a few receipts or an index card with a quote I want to illustrate later.

Two built in ribbon bookmarks means I can always have my monthly spread marked for easy access to note spending, and then the other can mark my current project, a page I’m working on, or something.

Love this one.

• Like 4

That is the smaller one, I want the A5 size which I don't think comes in hardback and squared.  

I'm a Moleskine and Leuchtturm1917 fan but decided to try this one out because it was cheaper.  It's right on par with the quality of the other two.  I'm a pen user of all sorts and this paper doesn't bleed on any of the pens I've tried.  It's a grid which I love. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1441323716/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

Off to google what a bullet journal is, which will probably lead to me buying one.  Why?  Because the hive is a dangerous place  :laugh:

Don't let what you find online scare you off.  I am not artsy and use it as a planner, journal, notes type thing so that I don't have sheets of paper all over the place and can find my stuff all in one place.  I usually don't eve follow all the sign conventions for the tasks.  I have made it work for me without it being crazy.

SaveSave

• Like 3

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NEGXZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my favourite. I looked through pages of reviews on different sites and this one came up the best. There is no ghosting and it comes in graph and dot, which I love. It is also affordable.

A quick note for anyone who is interested in this notebook — if you’re not too particular about the color, click on all of the options because some colors are cheaper than others. :)

• Like 1

Off to google what a bullet journal is, which will probably lead to me buying one.  Why?  Because the hive is a dangerous place  :laugh:

I agree not to get intimidated by people's elaborate spreads and lavishly decorated pages. The bullet journal can be incredibly simple, customizable to your exact needs. It's a wonderful tool. I've seen people first encounter bullet journaling and say they don't have time to do it. I kinda feel like the overly artsy people have messed up the system for a lot of people. And I'm someone who plans with lots of decorating and I am a creative artsy person. :) But bullet journals are, at their core, a wonderfully simple tool, I hate to see anyone turned off of them because they don't want to calligraphy the days of the week. ;)

• Like 7

I agree not to get intimidated by people's elaborate spreads and lavishly decorated pages. The bullet journal can be incredibly simple, customizable to your exact needs. It's a wonderful tool. I've seen people first encounter bullet journaling and say they don't have time to do it. I kinda feel like the overly artsy people have messed up the system for a lot of people. And I'm someone who plans with lots of decorating and I am a creative artsy person. :) But bullet journals are, at their core, a wonderfully simple tool, I hate to see anyone turned off of them because they don't want to calligraphy the days of the week. ;)

Ita!

I get frustrated when pretty layouts and elaborate trackers are presented as what a Bullet Journal is at its core.

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NEGXZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is my favourite. I looked through pages of reviews on different sites and this one came up the best. There is no ghosting and it comes in graph and dot, which I love. It is also affordable.

This was my favorite, too, out of Moleskine, Leuchtturm, and Rhodia. The paper is like butter, and minimal ghosting.

• Like 1