Menu

Having lunch with a childhood friend...a bit nervous

Teresa in MO

When I was growing up, there were 4 of us girls the same age that lived on my street.  We grew up together. There was always one of us not getting along with another, you know how it is.  As we got married, we went separate ways.  One moved out of town, and I run into one every once in a while at the store.  The other one I haven't seen in 40 years, except once maybe 20-25 years ago at Target.  We connected on Facebook the beginning of the year and have text back and forth a little.  I am going to her house this afternoon for lunch  I'm a bit nervous  Ever since by dh passed away, any time I am the least bit nervous I have weird physical symptoms.  Plus my hearing is horrible, so I'm a little nervous about that.  Trying to decide between an implant or a regular hearing aid.  I have been trying to go out of my comfort zone.  We will see how it goes.  Thanks for listening.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!  It went really well.  I was there for 5 hours.  We just talked and talked.  She lost a sister suddenly a few months before my dh passed away, so we shared alot of the same feelings.  It was nice to talk to someone who truly understands.  I wish neither of us were in that situation, but we both could relate to each other.  Was really a wonderful afternoon.  We are going to try and contact the other 2 girls and see if we can arrange for us all to get together next time.

• Like 34

I'm so glad your visit went well!  I've been reconnecting with old, old friends recently (my high school reunion is coming up, and I've never gone before due to living on the other side of the country and life in general).  It's surprising how sweet and strongly rooted some of those old friendships are!

Thanks everyone!  It went really well.  I was there for 5 hours.  We just talked and talked.  She lost a sister suddenly a few months before my dh passed away, so we shared alot of the same feelings.  It was nice to talk to someone who truly understands.  I wish neither of us were in that situation, but we both could relate to each other.  Was really a wonderful afternoon.  We are going to try and contact the other 2 girls and see if we can arrange for us all to get together next time.

Teresa, this is lovely, I am so happy for you! It's been my experience that those childhood friendships are similar to those of cousins who lived far away. There's a bond there that isn't shared with anyone else who comes into my life later. It's one of the reasons I love Facebook. The old slights are forgotten, and the sweet times stand out.

• Like 2

I'm so happy for you, that you had such a good time reconnecting with your friend! I understand about feeling nervous because I felt that way, too, before seeing friends I hadn't seen in decades. I hope your get together with your other friends is just as enjoyable.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1