Menu

When Would You Go for Testing? Positive Update #72

Crimson Wife

When should I go for my 3rd test?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. When should I go for my next test?

• This afternoon (~30 hours after yesterday's test)
    • Saturday morning (48 hours)
    • Monday morning (96 hours)

So my OB finally called me back and she said yesterday afternoon's beta had risen nicely from Wednesday morning. I think she said it was 1400, which if I heard her correctly UPDATE: It was 1479, more than double the previous level of 656. I'm going for another one tomorrow morning and should have the results from that sometime on Monday. If it looks okay, then no more betas and just the ultrasound scheduled for Thursday.

Edited by Crimson Wife
  • Like 33

I wound up going in for an ultrasound this morning after some red bleeding (fortunately it stopped). The doctor was able to locate a sac in the uterus so thankfully not ectopic. My beta levels also increased from 1479 on Thursday afternoon to 2886 on Saturday morning. It's still too early to tell whether this is a viable PG and I am scheduled to go for a follow up next Tuesday. But I am at least relieved that everything is developing in the uterus where it's supposed to be.

• Like 30

I am glad you can rule out ectopic issues. Could they see any blood pooling like you’ve got a subchorioinic bleed that keeps flaring up? I had that complication with a few of my pregnancies. Statistically, bed rest does not change the outcome but it is often prescribed because of mom guilt.

Sorry you are still navigating rough waters...

I am glad you can rule out ectopic issues. Could they see any blood pooling like you’ve got a subchorioinic bleed that keeps flaring up? I had that complication with a few of my pregnancies. Statistically, bed rest does not change the outcome but it is often prescribed because of mom guilt.

Sorry you are still navigating rough waters...

She didn't mention anything but she also had a student shadowing her today. So if there was something she might have kept it to herself out of concern that a student might not have the best bedside manner at this stage of training.

My progesterone level tested on the lowish side and my Reproductive Endocrinologist called in prescription over the weekend. I started using that yesterday so hopefully that will reduce the spotting.

• Like 2

She didn't mention anything but she also had a student shadowing her today. So if there was something she might have kept it to herself out of concern that a student might not have the best bedside manner at this stage of training.

My progesterone level tested on the lowish side and my Reproductive Endocrinologist called in prescription over the weekend. I started using that yesterday so hopefully that will reduce the spotting.

So glad they were on top of the progesterone levels! Yay!

• Like 1

glad things are better.

so what did they determine was the source of the bleeding?   mine was a section of placenta that wasn't implanting-and never did.  so blood was coming from behind it.

glad things are better.

so what did they determine was the source of the bleeding? mine was a section of placenta that wasn't implanting-and never did. so blood was coming from behind it.

I go back for a follow up ultrasound on Tuesday.

My most recent beta from last Wednesday showed another good increase from the previous one.

The spotting has lessened since I started using the progesterone suppositories so I do think the low level was definitely contributing to it. There could be multiple factors since it hasn’t totally stopped even with the supplemental progesterone.

Morning sickness has set in and as yucky as that is, it is an optimistic sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7