Menu

Fill in the blank: Right now I am in a ______ mood.

Pissy.

I don't even know why. I don't have a good reason to be. I just .... am. Fortunately I'm also home alone! LOL

HAHAHA. The exact word I was going to use. I do have a good reason, though. 

DH shoveled snow into the street .   I just had to go fix it.   :cursing:

• Like 3

Feeling oxygen deprived at the library and wanting to puke. Probably just hypoglycemic. Waiting for my husband to pick us up on the way home from work and hopefully he has a can of soda in the car as this library doesn’t have a vending machine.

• Like 1

Tired and irritated

I spent the morning cleaning.

Met with dd19 to take care of some college details.

Came home to find out dd11 gave ds23 trouble when he was watching her for me while I was gone.

She spent some time in her room. Threw another tantrum and is back there now.

I have a roast finishing up that I am shredding for tacos, and everything is prepped.  

I am drinking a beer and will eat.  Then probably leave the house for a while so dd11 will mellow out and stop being a brat.  (She is always way worse when I am home).  I didn't plan to go back out tonight, but will do what I have to, to avoid her attitude tonight.  I work 40 plus hours a week and Thursday is my only day off.  I hate when the night ends in dealing with her attitude.

• Like 1

..in a wondering when I'll find time to do the 10 researchy things I need to do that take 300 or more hours each to research mood.  

A touch of dread.  A touch of exhaustion.  A touch of procrastination.  

Currently researching how to get a cat to stop peeing on the carpet.

-----

But hey!  I signed my son up for his online pre-calc class today!  That one can be struck off the list!  Yes!

...in a satisfied that one of my researchy things is done mood.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

Hopeful.

I've just cured the previous 'headachey' mood by eating fried eggs. Mm. Protein.

We're launching the first art exhibition for our new artisans gallery next Friday! I'm losing the feeling that all the artisans will flake and we'll have no exhibition to open, lol.

Irritated. The kind of irritated from physical pain though. My son gave me a big jumping hug when I got off work and triggered my back injury. He doesn't seem to realize he is not so little anymore!

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 1

Lots of virtual hugs winging everyone's way.   My 12th grader with aspergers has decided he isn't ready for college.He say's let's home school for a couple more years.   :svengo:  Hmm?  Home school college.  Uh no!   So we're figuring out what to do for a gap year. Hubby is all in with continuing math and science and whatever else we can throw at him until he's ready.  

• Like 1

Lots of virtual hugs winging everyone's way.   My 12th grader with aspergers has decided he isn't ready for college.He say's let's home school for a couple more years.   :svengo:  Hmm?  Home school college.  Uh no!   So we're figuring out what to do for a gap year. Hubby is all in with continuing math and science and whatever else we can throw at him until he's ready.  

Could he do some virtual college classes to get some credits?

We thought of that with our Aspie.  He ended up taking some classes at the CC and going TO the CC to do them and we were surprised.  He took only what he liked and wanted to take to start with.  We honestly weren't even sure he would go to college.  He is now 20 and went off to college for the first time this past January.  We are shocked!

• Like 3

Pretty irritated right now.

A threat to our school and now there are police cars all over and we have been asked to clear our schedules for the day to be available to parents and students who might be upset.

I had several things going on today and won't get them done now.

Currently researching how to get a cat to stop peeing on the carpet.

Just went through this a couple months ago with our 17 yo cat. No medical problems found, so vet suggested a hormone collar (Feliway), cosaquin, and adding an extra litter box. Problem gradually went away when I started watching cat like a hawk and physically moving her to the litter box whenever she was near the area she was peeing on the carpet. In the meantime, puppy pads are your friends. Good luck!

Overwhelmed - MIL is in hospital ICU for complications from flu 5 hours away. Drove DH down Sunday night and he doesn't know when he'll be back. It's been tough but then I spiked a 101 fever yesterday. DS has been complaining of an earache (not outer/swimmers ear) and I have to bring him to peds office for 9. And we're expecting high winds today with possible power outages. Not even thinking about school.

• Like 1

Just went through this a couple months ago with our 17 yo cat. No medical problems found, so vet suggested a hormone collar (Feliway), cosaquin, and adding an extra litter box. Problem gradually went away when I started watching cat like a hawk and physically moving her to the litter box whenever she was near the area she was peeing on the carpet. In the meantime, puppy pads are your friends. Good luck!

Thank you for the hormone tip!  I caught him this morning digging at the big carpet (he usually only uses the small carpets) and then squatting.  He was about 4 feet from one of the boxes, so I grabbed him before he could go and gently placed him in it.  He didn't like that at all and got a little panicky.  He ran off to the next set of boxes where the pee pads are and looked around for his pee pad, but I had removed the pad (because I think it was encouraging him to ignore his box).  He sniffed at those boxes and left them.

Then he went to the basement where the third set of boxes are and inspected them and then climbed into one and peed.  I gave him a bunch of cat treats when he was done and told him what a good boy he is. 

I think if I could follow him around all the time I could help break the habit, but life gets in the way.  But I am going to try to catch him and have the kids help me, too.

Edited by Garga

Our local adult ed has a transition program for Asperger's/HFA who have graduated high school. The student goes 1-4 days per week with each day targeting a different area. So one day is focused on independent living skills, one on academic preparation for college, one on vocational/employment skills, and one on social skills. So if a student didn't need the academic prep but did need the others, he/she would attend 3 days per week. Our local Regional Center funds it for their clients but there is also a self-pay option.

• Like 1

Sleepy. I slept a total of 3 hours because of 2 grumpy kids and then being on call to pick my brother and nephew up from the hospital. In order to not be in a grumpy mood I'm allowing my kids to do whatever as long as they leave me alone

Procrastinating.

The kids want to make chocolate chip cookies and I told them we would do so after lunch. I'm fine with making the cookies, it's the cleaning the kitchen from breakfast, lunch, and last night's dinner before we can start that I don't want to do. They'll be headed my way any minute and I'd much rather get it finished before they get in there, and yet still I sit here. 

I think I could get started if I had my headphones, but they are upstairs by my bed. I have to listen to something while I clean or I get way too distracted and never make any progress. So I guess I'm actually procrastinating walking up the stairs. 

I blame the weather. It is *really* windy out today and that just makes me feel cold and have the desire to curl up under a blanket with a warm drink. 

Hungry and cold.

We don’t have power and no one else does either. We went for a drive to get warm and charge phones and look for an open restaurant. It seems like everyone has the same idea. Traffic is awful!