Menu

No meltdowns for a week!

I’ve actually been enjoying school. We’ve done well. No meltdowns all week. I’m scrapping school tomorrow except the science experiment. DD still says it’s boring, but she’s done it. This is the longest series of days we have ever gone without tears over math.

I’m exhausted.

Stefanie

• Like 4

I’ve been insisting that she take her pill within 30 min of waking up and I’ve added a vitamin D3 supplement to it. I’ve also let her play with modeling foam and spin her spinning chair as long as she doesn’t get too wild and can complete her work. I’ve done everything orally or scribed for her unless she’s grabbed the pencil from me to write herself. If she got too antsy she did an activity from OT and then went and did something else for 15 minutes, and she was able to come back from it. She’s been having OT for about 3 weeks now.

Also, really big... she was able to attend to a project all on her own over multiple days. During class she sculpted a tree. I let her take off for a break and she used the time to make a scene. I gave her extra time since it was going well. She made a park scene (tree with a birds nest and eggs, bench, pond, and people) let it “dry†unmolested for 2 days. And then she painted it. Unheard of.

Stefanie

• Like 4