Menu

Well Trained Bodies (Diet & Exercise) - March 2018

Granny_Weatherwax

Ran 3 miles, did strength training, and got dh to go with me. I’m run-gry lately so all I want to do is eat all the food. I haven’t, but did add an afternoon snac the last couple of days. So hungry...

I'd think you'd need to take in at least a bit more especially when you get further into your training. Does your plan have suggestions about that? I know intense cardio makes me hungry!!!

• Like 1

Ugh...I upped the carbs once I hit goal, but I think I need to lower them again because I'm just freaking hungry all the time and resorting to crap.

So...that starts today. 

I have upped my cardio so that's probably part of it too. 

Wait, what, you hit goal???!!!??

Did I miss the announcement???

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :biggrinjester:  :biggrinjester:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'd think you'd need to take in at least a bit more especially when you get further into your training. Does your plan have suggestions about that? I know intense cardio makes me hungry!!!

I can usually just eat a snack or up the calorie density a bit, but you do have to be a bit careful. There’s a reason why runners can often gain weight while training for a race. It’s easy to go past “enough calories to sustain my training†and into “I can eat anything because I worked out.†The later is way more fun. ;)

• Like 3

I hit goal quite awhile ago.  LOL 

Problem is maintaining is so hard!!

Really? Last I remember I thought you had just a couple to go.

That is awesome, way to go!!!

What was your total lost?

Did you do anything to celebrate?

Get some new clothes?

• Like 2

I can usually just eat a snack or up the calorie density a bit, but you do have to be a bit careful. There’s a reason why runners can often gain weight while training for a race. It’s easy to go past “enough calories to sustain my training†and into “I can eat anything because I worked out.†The later is way more fun. ;)

I'm sure. Carbs are yummy especially after endurance work!

• Like 2

Yesterday was 6 wks of food journaling here. 

I feel lame but I've been tracking measurements and planning.

April 2nd will be my next weigh-in and I plan to journal until the end of April and weigh in again on the 30th.

I'd originally planned maybe 4-6 wks of journalling to reset habits and hit some conservative goals, as I was tired of aiming for the stars.

But things have been clicking and it has been pretty painless so I thought I'd keep at it and see where I land.

Maybe I will actually hit my previous range.

Regardless I'm enjoying my food and exercise and my clothes have been fitting better and better.

Sparkly- consider this a virtual celebration!!! WTG you! 

Virtual cupcakes, chocolate, and wine!

• Like 4

So my plan is to go down to induction levels and work up to an amount I can live with.  I just need to get this dang constant hunger under control.  My downfall lately is just being lazy and unprepared.  I did great the past two days, but I was hungry and didn't have stuff ready to go (as I usually do) and that resulted in bad things. LOL

• Like 4

My report for the week:  Stayed keto all week, after having 3 days off last weekend due to poor planning on my part.  Celebrating with a keto pizza this evening.  :-D  I'm proud of myself for actually telling a few people I'm eating "differently" instead of just sneaking around about it.  lol.  I'm really trying to get good at saying, "I don't eat sugar" rather than "I can't eat sugar."

Also, I'm reading the Beck book mentioned in another thread and it's very good.  

Also went running a couple times.  My energy is through the roof with the keto, I would have run every day but DH's schedule is all messed up this week and that's messing me up.  

Have a happy, healthy weekend, ladies!  

• Like 4