Menu

Sad

Rachel

I’m 17 weeks pregnant and went for a regular check up today. The doctor couldn’t find a heartbeat via Doppler or ultrasound. I go to a satellite office in my town so she sent me to the next town over for a better ultrasound and for another doctor to take a look. There was definitely no heartbeat and the baby quit growing about a week ago. I just feel numb, I really don’t want to tell my kids either.

Tomorrow I head to the university hospital where I will likely have a D & E. I’m dreading it. Fortunately my husband is in town this week and it won’t mess up his schedule too much to take the rest of the week off. Friends have already volunteered to help watch the kids.

:grouphug:  :grouphug: I've been through that as well and know how it made me feel. So sorry. It's a hormonal thing too.

I hope you have a great support system. There were a few people who didn't want to allow me time to grieve. It is up to each one of us how we handle it and we are all so different.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 2

I'm sorry for your loss. I've been through a miscarriage before. It's amazing how much we bond with our little ones so long before they're born. I grieved for a long time.

On a side note, as far a I know you can wait and see if you will deliver naturally rather than doing a d&c.

Edited by Rose M
  • Like 1