Menu

Age of adulthood - 25?

Katy

Also, on the question of storing eggs, who pays for years and years of storage? How does long term freezing affect the quality?

I'm pretty disappointed in a society that would rather women have invasive and expensive fertility treatments than figure out how to respect and support families in raising children...

• Like 4

That’s your opinion. I mourn the fact that I had to give up my dream of becoming a doctor because it conflicted with my desire to have many children and the biological reality that fertility starts to decline at 27. Today’s young women have the ability to push “pause†on their biological clock in a way that I very much envy. What’s a few months of taking medication compared to the ability to pursue career dreams without the worry that doing so will cost you your chance at motherhood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People certainly have more options but to my mind the best option is having an involved and supportive family who will help you through the early years when you are still in medical school. Most women I know who are most happy and did the med route and have kids, did something like that. It is still really hard to take the tech option.

We said to our kids, if they want to be doctors and have kids, we'll help. Help with daycare pickup, help with nights, whatever.

Ultimately, having a baby before 30 and having family around is the solution to this issue.

I'm sorry you had to give up your dream but respect how well you own your choice.

• Like 2

I was addressing the ‘by 25’ number, and why that would be such a terrible idea. I’ll edit for clarity :p

What I meant was that I couldn’t make it to the existing age of adulthood, let alone moving the bar again. If I had my way, I’d actually be for shortening high school and bumping it down to 16. That would have even better for both DH and I. But that would never fly in this current culture.

I hear you totally. 

I think some of the crazy risk taking behaviors in adolescence are BECAUSE they have no other outlet for healthy risk taking. Like, job interviews and making their money stretch and such. 

• Like 4

Most umbrella policies require insurance through the same company.  $24 sounds insanely low - are you sure that isn't per month?

The bolded is my point.  The proposed gun insurance would also cover criminal acts, which if that was the case, would raise the cost of those policies immensely (assuming anyone would even underwrite them).  Which is one of the many reasons I don't support those proposals.

How could you have insurance to cover criminal acts?  That kind of seems like insurance to cover suicide.