Menu

s/o suspended: Things That Happened To You In School That Would NEVER Happen Today

Yes, the times they are a-changin'...

I was thinking of a couple incidents that happened to me in school in the 70's and 80's that would NEVER happen today.

1.  When I was in kindergarten, I was chasing a boy on the playground to hit him with my little purse.  (Yeah, yeah, I know.)  He ran up to the teacher who was big and pregnant and knitting on the bench under a tree.  Since I was chasing him, I ended up right there as well.  He tattled on me.  The teacher told me to give my purse to the boy.  Then she allowed the boy to hit me with it.  :lol:  I learned a valuable lesson that day!

2.  When I was in 3rd grade, I was being a little stinker to the teacher and wouldn't lift my head off my desk despite her attempts to make me look up.  Finally, the teacher threw the chalkboard eraser at me.  I threw it back at her.  :lol:  Life went on.

3.  Dodgeball.  One team had all the balls, and the other team had to avoid being hit.  The targets were huddled up against the brick wall of the school as the balls came pelting toward them.  Need I say more?  :lol:  Awesome stuff.

4.  One day in 1st grade my mother came and picked me up early from school.  I got into the car and asked her why she picked me up early.  She said she just wanted to let me come home in time to watch the Mickey Mouse Club.  No other reason.  :lol:

Oh gosh, there's probably so many more if I thought long enough.

Edited by Kinsa
  • Like 10
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Red Rover, red rover, send __ right over.  And a kid would come running across and try to slam through our linked arms as hard as he could.  Ouch.   In first grade (Catholic school), my mother had w

Yes, the times they are a-changin'...   I was thinking of a couple incidents that happened to me in school in the 70's and 80's that would NEVER happen today.   1.  When I was in kindergarten, I w

I'd like to think that administrators and teachers today would not dismiss a girl's complaints about groping as "they're just flirting because they like you" and "boys will be boys". :cursing:

The only think I can think of involves an injury. I was playing on some steel frames that were shaped like huge boxes. Everybody climbed on them at one point or another. I never had great balance and I fell through and landed on my side. I still remember the size of the bruise I had. I limped from it it hurt so bad. I never knew that skin could turn so many colors before that.

I don't think construction stuff would be out on school grounds where kids had access to it today.

• Like 2

1.  When I was in kindergarten, I was chasing a boy on the playground to hit him with my little purse.  (Yeah, yeah, I know.)  He ran up to the teacher who was big and pregnant and knitting on the bench under a tree.  Since I was chasing him, I ended up right there as well.  He tattled on me.  The teacher told me to give my purse to the boy.  Then she allowed the boy to hit me with it.  :lol:  I learned a valuable lesson that day!

My sister had an incident...

She was in 4th grade, in music class.  Apparently 4th grade is the recorder year.  So the whole class is messing around with their recorders and goofing off while the teacher was doing.....something, I dunno.  Anyway, in the course of the goofing, my sister accidentally smacked some kid with her recorder.  Kid threw a big dramatic fit, teacher wants to know what happened.  Kid says my sister hit him, my sister tried to explain that it was an accident but the teacher wouldn't listen and told the other kid to hit my sister with his recorder....which of course he did.

When my sister got home and told my parents, they were back at the school so fast!  My dad was SO mad......that he didn't talk.  And when my dad doesn't talk, that is when he's really scary lol. 

• Like 2

My elementary school gym teacher used to get us all into a line, then lead us outside, snaking around the field and playground.  He would periodically stop to write misogynist comments in chalk on various pieces of pavement and playground equipment.  Things like, "Boys are fast girls are slow," or "Girls are dumb boys are smart."  And all the boys would cheer.  

I don't recall anyone thinking that this was particularly noteworthy.  

• Like 2

During first and second grade recess, boys would chase girls, grab them, and kiss them.

Our middle school principal paddled kids. He would also call male students into his office and ask them which boys they thought might be gay. What a slimeball.

There was a "smokers' corner" behind our high school where kids were allowed to smoke.

There were lots of inappropriate relationships between teachers and students, but that still happens

• Like 4

Two different band teachers that gave me rides home without any issue.

I also took private clarinet lessons from another band teacher that lived down the street from me. I would go to his house and the lessons were in his spare (unfurnished) bedroom. No one there but the two of us. Completely innocent with no inappropriate behavior at all.

Tall metal jungle gyms were on our playground in elementary. Loved those things.

I also remember field trips where mom's drove us there. Fairly certain the school district does not allow that now for liability reasons.

Paddling in the middle school. Never happened to me but I remember seeing the paddle on the wall.

• Like 3

Our high school had a smoking section too. Highschoolers were also allowed to walk off campus, or maybe that started in Jr. High, my friend and I would walk to the store every lunch period. It was a very small town, population 600, so traffic was pretty non-existent. 

Oh, and for our senior trip we went to a condo on the beach in Florida. It is kind of a crazy idea when I think about it now. My class was the last to get to do that trip however, after one of my female classmates stayed the night in one of the boy's rooms. 

• Like 1

Our high school had a smoking section too. Highschoolers were also allowed to walk off campus, or maybe that started in Jr. High, my friend and I would walk to the store every lunch period. It was a very small town, population 600, so traffic was pretty non-existent. 

The district next to ours allows this.

• Like 2

When I entered high school that was the first year smoking was not allowed on the premises by students (or teachers for that matter), but yep just prior they had their own smoking area in the school.  Kinda crazy to think about. 

I can remember the big brouhaha when the school eliminated the student smoking lounge. I can't remember how old I was when that happened but it was well into the late '80's or early '90's.

• Like 2

11 yo 3rd grader liked to pull down little girls' underpants on the playground. All of them were scared of him. He was a TK so he got a lot of excuses made for him (he doesn't know any better). 

He punched me in the face and I got detention for having antagonized him. 

I'd like to think that the threat of a massive lawsuit would mean that that wouldn't happen now. 

• Like 2

In 5th and 6th grade I was the nurse’s helper. Every day at lunch recess I would sit at my table with my best friend Dianne. If you were injured you would come to me and I would examine you and either fix you up myself with my bandaids and mercurochrome, or I would refer you to the nurse.

Except in 2 years, I think I only referred one kid. That was Nathan who fell off the monkey bars and broke his leg. A kid came running to tell me “get the nurse! Nathan’s leg is broken.†But before I bothered her, I walked to the monkey bars to check it out. Only when I saw the bone projecting through his jeans, I pronounced it “nurse worthy†and she was summoned.

• Like 7

I'd like to think that administrators and teachers today would not dismiss a girl's complaints about groping as "they're just flirting because they like you" and "boys will be boys". :cursing:

Same but I am not so sure.  

There was a very obnoxious kid at my first high school.  He grabbed girls a lot, put his hand under clothing without permission including once reaching up my friend's shorts.  His punishment for that last act?  Well, the principal said that it was getting colder so on the upside girls wouldn't be wearing shorts to school AND she had the boy pass out flyers for a school event.  Giving someone who liked to accost people...a reason to accost people in the halls.  Great.  I left that school before the end of the first semester.  

• Like 1

Red Rover, red rover, send __ right over.  And a kid would come running across and try to slam through our linked arms as hard as he could.  Ouch.

In first grade (Catholic school), my mother had written a note so I would stay in at recess (I may have had a cold, or it was too chilly outside, and we weren't allowed to wear pants until after Thanksgiving.  I don't remember.), and so I was in my classroom completely by myself for a long time.  I had to use the bathroom, and I couldn't find any adults and I was afraid to leave the room because that wasn't allowed.  So I peed on the carpet in the reading corner.  I never told until just now.  

• Like 13

Ok, once a teacher gave me a ride home. I imagine today they'd be way too afraid to.

The elementary school principal once brought my ill brother home from school on his motorcycle. This was in the mid-70s. My mom was a SAHM with no vehicle (as were many of the neighbors) and she couldn't find my dad.

• Like 3

Oh yeah, times were different then ....

• My sister and I (normally "walkers") got on the school bus to visit with a friend from the next city.  None of our parents knew.  The only person who got in trouble for this was me.  :P
  • I wasn't allowed to play in the school softball games though I was on the team.  The coach didn't like me, and it was mutual.  I walked to the practices and to the home games (a couple miles).  In the middle of game 3 I got up and walked home and never went back.  My parents were completely uninvolved in this.
  • When I got sick (or faked sick) in school, my older brother (3 grades ahead of me) was asked to walk me home.  After a certain age (still elementary school though) I was allowed to walk my own self home to my empty house (my parents both worked) if I claimed to be sick.  I don't know that they even called my mom to tell her.
  • I was paddled with a yardstick or wooden paddle in 1st, 3rd, and 4th grade.  I was also spanked on my bare butt by my 3rd grade teacher's hand.  The KG teacher used a ping-pong paddle, mostly on a boy with learning difficulties.  The very large "acting principal" whipped some 2nd graders so hard they flew down the hall.  He also paddled a 12yo girl once.  (Usually he only beat middle-school boys.)  The vicar used to have this humorous way of saying "I'll beat your butt" and "Bih still, or I'll give you five licks."  We thought he was just being funny, until he actually gave a boy 5 serious licks and the recipient cried in pain.  Also the room moms were not above whacking kids if they thought it would help.
  • They forced a girl to walk home 2 miles because they didn't think fashion "shoe-boots" were appropriate for school.
  • They used to force us to drink rotten milk and burned food because "wasting" was not allowed.
  • In 1st grade, I had to wear a "tattle-tail" pinned to my butt all day because I told the teacher about some bullying behavior.
  • In 3rd grade, for gym the teacher challenged us to fall backwards onto the mat (from standing) without bending our knees.  The mat was about 3/4" thick and not very soft.  I was the only student brave enough to do it, and I had a headache and sore neck for the rest of the day.
  • The 7th grade teacher (a guy) used to pour water down the pants of boys whose waistbands stuck out in the back (as often happens with belts).
  • The 7th grade teacher always had the Christmas party at his own house.  No other adults.
  • At the vo-ed school, students were allowed to smoke.  Of course there were always teachers' lounges in all schools were teachers could smoke.
  • Yeah, dodgeball - I hated that.  They used the same balls as you use in kickball - the boys would whip them so hard.  Nowadays Dodgeball is making a comeback, but they use wimpy little Nerf balls.
  • Like 1

On a less horrific note...

My 2nd grade teacher drove to my house just to deliver some homework I had forgotten.  I had a problem remembering my homework...a lot.  The first few times my mom drive me back to school to get it.  Once or twice we didn't get there until after everyone had left and couldn't get my homework, so I had nothing to turn in.  After about the 3rd time of having nothing to turn in, there was a knock on our door in the middle of dinner, and there was my 2nd grade teacher, standing there with my folder.   My mom laughed and handed it to me and told me to get to work.  Then she thanked the teacher profusely, who also laughed.

And I never ever forgot my homework again. 

• Like 1

We had most of this stuff, though no paddling.  In jr high kids had to step off the school property to smoke. so on the sidewalk in front of the school.  Kids even in elementary school could walk where they wanted, etc.

A couple specific ones, though not me - ,y dh stayed for two weeks with his grade 1 teacher at her home, while his parents took his brother to another city for surgery.

My mom ion the first day of K went to go to the toilet and got lost so she just went out the door and went home.

• Like 1

My sister started preschool at age 3 and she was supposed to walk a few houses down the street to a babysitter after school.  She decided to instead go the other way, across the highway and down the street to another school that had a playground.  It was quite a while later that she was found after a frantic search.  Can you imagine today a 3yo being dismissed to walk to her next destination??

Or for that matter a 3yo playing alone at a playground and nobody calling the cops?

Edited by SKL
  • Like 2

We had a student temporarily who was puny but feisty.  He would kick us in the shins for fun.  Eventually we kicked back.  His dad threw a fit.  When we explained our side to the principal, he said he didn't blame us for kicking back if he kicked first.  His dad took him out of the school.  :P

• Like 1

Our high school had a smoker's area too.  

My orchestra teacher would throw his baton at kids when he was frustrated with them.  With the intent to hit, which he often did.  He would whip it across the room, and kids would duck fast.

My brother's teacher (I didn't have her) would tie kids to their chair with their jacket when they were naughty.

My kindergarten teacher would hold one of the students in her lap for a good part of the day.  Today, he'd probably be labeled as ADHD and maybe more.  But he would always settle down when he was in her lap.

• Like 2

I went to kindergarten at a small, two-room, K-8 school house on a small island.  There were only about 40 students in the school, so transportation consisted of one school bus for everyone.  One day the bus broken down halfway through the afternoon route.  Rather than make everyone wait an indeterminable length of time, the driver simply let us all off to walk home.  She wasn't completely irresponsible, though.  She told me, a 5 year old, to make sure my neighbor, a mentally handicapped 6th grader, got home safely.   :ohmy:

Wendy

• Like 2

Yes, the times they are a-changin'...

I was thinking of a couple incidents that happened to me in school in the 70's and 80's that would NEVER happen today.

1. When I was in kindergarten, I was chasing a boy on the playground to hit him with my little purse. (Yeah, yeah, I know.) He ran up to the teacher who was big and pregnant and knitting on the bench under a tree. Since I was chasing him, I ended up right there as well. He tattled on me. The teacher told me to give my purse to the boy. Then she allowed the boy to hit me with it. :lol: I learned a valuable lesson that day!

2. When I was in 3rd grade, I was being a little stinker to the teacher and wouldn't lift my head off my desk despite her attempts to make me look up. Finally, the teacher threw the chalkboard eraser at me. I threw it back at her. :lol: Life went on.

3. Dodgeball. One team had all the balls, and the other team had to avoid being hit. The targets were huddled up against the brick wall of the school as the balls came pelting toward them. Need I say more? :lol: Awesome stuff.

4. One day in 1st grade my mother came and picked me up early from school. I got into the car and asked her why she picked me up early. She said she just wanted to let me come home in time to watch the Mickey Mouse Club. No other reason. :lol:

Oh gosh, there's probably so many more if I thought long enough.

Re: your #4. One time, my mother pulled me out of school because there was a parade/festivity involving the (live) Budweiser Clydesdales. I was a horse-nut and she did not want me to miss this chance to see these magnificent animals -despite being the mascot of an alcoholic beverage, and despite being a teetotaler, and despite my attendence at a private school that would have severely frowned upon “promoting alcohol†in such a manner.

One time, in Kindergarten, I skipped past the teacher singing a song about how I was smarter than the teacher because I had caught a mistake on the board. (Little Miss Know-It-All...) She yanked my head back by my long pony tail and told me to shut up. I did sort of have that coming, though.

That school used that awful “Board of Educationâ€paddle of horrors for “discipline.†I had thought that was not a thing anywhere at this point, but I only just discovered that paddling is still legal in a whole bunch of states in the south and mid-west. Good grief. Glad that’s not a thing around here any more!

One rule we had at that school that I still think was so stupidly arbitrary and pointless was that the dress-code-compliant shirt color depended on what day of the week it was. M-W-F was a white shirt. T-Th were red shirts. (See? Still remember, 40years later...) You could get a dress-code violation for a laundry backup, or simply thinking it was Wednesday on a Tuesday. I liked either shirt fine, but the arbirary nature of that rule is burned into my brain...

• Like 2

My teacher DUCT TAPED my mouth shut because I wouldn’t stop talking.

She also sent a kid to the office before play practice who had done nothing wrong. When he complained that he hadn’t done anything she said “I know, but you will and I don’t want to give you the opportunityâ€

• Like 2

Okay, I was in school recently enough (even though I'm not so young!) that a lot of the above didn't happen (except a chalk-throwing middle school teacher). However, let me tell you about my great-grandmother's experience in Ohio circa 1910:

It was too far to walk to school alone, so her mom just kept her home a year until her brother was old enough to go with her. (Not homeschooling, although she did show her her letters.) She still graduated at 16.

A couple of years later, there was a group of kids who would walk together, across fields/out of sight of the adults. One boy liked to tease girls and lift up their skirts when his older sister wasn't there to stop him. Mom's advice? "Slap him!" Next time he did it, she slapped him across the face, and he never did it again. Problem solved.  :eek:

• Like 3

My 4th grade teacher took the top two spellers in the class out to McDonalds as a reward. She picked us up at our homes and drove us there with no other adults. She was a fantastic teacher but I don't think this would happen again!

My female middle school PE teacher made sure we all took showers after class by actually watching us shower. 

We tested our own blood types in high school biology. I'm not sure if schools still do this for liability reasons. 

Edited by insertcreativenamehere
  • Like 3

I remember one more.

My graduating class was the last one that was allowed to do blood experiments on each other before HIV prevention legislation was passed.  We pricked each other's fingers and took blood to spin it in a centrifuge. No gloves involved at all.

• Like 2

A few things but one that stands out is when I got my palm paddled with a wooden ruler by a nun. I talked a lot in class. You'd think I'd learn.

The only funny thing I remember that I could still see happening was in 4th grade. My teacher was short and wore high wedges. She was my only non-nun teacher in my Catholic school. She took off her shoes and we all stood in the middle of the room and she was just barely taller than we were. We got quite a giggle out of that. I guess none of us had seen short people before.

• Like 1

Student bus drivers! My husband was a bus driver in high school. They were all students. Not happening today.

In 8th grade, the class was talking and the teacher made each kid come up one at a time and bend over the teacher's desk with their butt facing the class to get a swat. I was mortified. I had never been paddled in my life, and I wasn't talking. I promise. I was quiet and shy. He paddled the whole class!

Smoking area in high school.

My older son played prison ball in the gym. Similar to dodge ball. He got his glasses busted. My son loved that game, though. It reminded me of how much I hated it when I was in school, which brings me to my next one....

....red rover ...Imagine a tiny, skinny girl (me) locking her tiny, fragile wrists with another kid and having the heaviest, strongest boy in class choose that spot to come charging through like a bull. Oh, the horror. And dodge ball. I was the kid who hated it. I didn't like being pelted really hard with balls by other kids who seemed to be enjoying themselves...(looking at you Kinsa!! lol)

Standing up on the bus ride home because there were no empty seats. When the bus would stop or take off suddenly, the person in front of me (often larger and older) would just about flatten me. I was terrified of standing in the aisle. If I ever got a seat, I would slump down and breathe a sigh of relief. (sigh...golden child brother never had to ride the bus. He was driven to school).

Did I mention red rover? What on earth were they thinking??? The person with whom I was wrist locked refused to let go. I just knew my shoulder was going to be dislocated.

This thread makes me so glad I'm done with school. My kids are done with school. Done. Forever. So glad.

• Like 2

In middle school on the bus, one very obnoxious boy was yelling at the driver, swearing, and calling her names. She pulled over, made him get off the bus and drove away. He had to walk 3-4 miles to get home, in the rain, along a busy road. The next day, when he got on the bus, she told him she hoped there wouldn’t be any problems or he’d be walking home again. The kid never caused another problem on the bus.

• Like 6

Most of mine were at a small private school I went to for K & 1st grade...

...one student had a thumb sucking habit, that the teachers wanted to break. Nothing was working, so the director of the school painted ALL of our thumbs with that "stop sucking your thumb" nail polish (horrible tasting stuff) and made us ALL sit there with thumbs in our mouths for what felt like eternity (probably 10 or 15 mins), EXCEPT for the thumb sucker. 

...we couldn't eat dessert unless we'd eaten ALL of our regular food (it was served in courses, so food first, dessert later). I *hated* bread crusts. hated. I would tear off the crusts and crumble them into tiny pieces/crumbs and sprinkle them on the floor under my table. Or have my friend eat them. Or any number of other things to try and get dessert even if I left my crusts (on days when we had bread & a dessert I wanted).  After a few too many times of doing this, I was made to stay up after lunch and sweep the entire lunch room as punishment. 

...I was chewing on my hair and had my mouth taped shut as punishment. More than once. Possibly for excess talking, too, but don't remember. My mom worked at the school and approved all of the above. 

...one student was a biter.....he was maybe 3rd or 4th grade or so (this would have been in the summer)....so the director bit him back after he bit another student. 

...another student was so averse to whatever was for lunch that day that she made herself cough it back up. The director made her re-eat it. Not kidding. (again, an ongoing issue with this student, and this was the "all else has failed" solution...). 

...another student & I were calling each other names, so had to write each other's full name 30 times each. 

Moving to my public school days....

....in high school we were allowed to leave campus for lunch; not sure if that's still allowed or not. 

...also in high school, I had one teacher who really got everything right. I was in JROTC, and a boy there was basically sexually harassing me. Nothing physical, but repeatedly saying really vile, ugly, awful things to me. I let Sarge know, and Sarge took the boy into his office and had a talk with him. While holding a baseball bat in one hand and gently drumming it into the other. The boy never bothered me again after that. 

....in middle school/junior high, one teacher had a daughter in our class. She had a sleep-over at her house for us (she was our GT teacher, so it was a small group of us, about 10-ish or 15-ish). Boys and girls. And she (the teacher) went to bed at a normal hour and was virtually unaware of all the shenanigans that went on at this co-ed sleep-over between 10 or 15 7th grade boys & girls.....

....in my high school psychology class, the teacher did a lesson on hypnosis....including hypnotizing a student or two as a demo. 

....in a junior high history class, the teacher did a lesson on prejudice and such by having two students in the front of the room to be basically mistreated for no reason, as an object lesson. 

...in elementary (5th grade), if you didn't turn in your math homework, the teacher had you write him a note explaining why not. That was actually effective for me, having to write him an apology. 

...in high school Economics, our teacher had a few students working on a contest of sorts, purely volunteer, not associated with your grade in the class or anything. He spent all his class time, though, working with these boys, leaving the rest of us to fend for ourselves on a massive project that actually was a large part of our grade. I called him out on it, after which he said some soothing things and began helping us.....I got a 100 on the project in the end, and the next semester he had me grade that project for him, using mine as the guideline.

Of course we had the standard dodge ball, square dancing, Red Rover, etc... that's been mentioned, as well as paddling, etc. although I don't remember smoking on campus.....possibly I was just unaware. We did have an outdoor courtyard, and maybe smoking was allowed there....

Being Texas and all, we also had gun racks and such, but I did have a friend suspended for a day or two because he accidentally left fireworks in his car after a holiday, and the drug/explosive checking dogs found them (they used to bring in the drug dogs/explosives dogs at random points to sniff our lockers, and we had a police man on campus....not sure why they don't anymore, or if they still do...)

• Like 1

Once I had to teach a neighborhood boy not to bother me at the neighborhood bus stop. It was mild bullying and increasing sexual harassment. (We were both in high school.) He was pretty tough, so I figured I had to be tougher. "Go big or go home." So I gave him a surprise uppercut directly to the nose, as hard as I could, just as the bus was pulling up.

I literally laid him out on the ground. He got up, blood just pouring from his face, and got on the bus. I got on, too. The bus driver said nothing to the boy, who went to his seat in the back of the bus, swearing a blue streak. As I got on, the bus driver glanced sideways at my bloody knuckles and said quietly out of the corner of his mouth, "You alright?" I muttered, "Fine," and sat down. He drove on without a word.

For further reference, the bus driver was an elder in my church and knew that I'd recently lost my big brothers as protectors in the neighborhood. I'm sure he understood what I had to do; that neighborhood was so tough that he was the only driver who would take the route! But I can't imagine that anyone today would dare to turn a blind eye to kids getting on the bus in that state, especially if they'd witnessed it, even if they understood the situation.

• Like 3

Red rover and dodgeball. My dh always wondered why I went on about dodgeball so much, until he realized and explained that we weren't exactly playing by the rules. Our version was a group of kids in the middle, with teachers on either end humming balls at them. And they weren't about to let you get away with going out of bounds on purpose. 

More than one kid having their mouth taped shut for talking. At least one kid tied to the chair with rope (maybe a jump rope?). In first grade, we had some tall cabinets with a few feet of space from the top to the ceiling. One kid kept crying and trying to run out on the first day, so the teacher plunked him on top of the cabinet and let him scream. A teacher who put a kid over her lap in the 'getting spanked' position, about fourth grade, and conducted the entire lesson that way, occasionally smacking his butt. 

At one point, the playground had a boys' side and a girls' side. If you crossed over, and weren't liked by peers, they would forcefully drag you into the opposite sex bathroom. This was meant to be frightening for girls and humiliating for boys. Teachers did not intervene, because it was your fault for crossing over (don't bother arguing it was accidental). 

Kids were supposed to eat everything on their lunch tray. This was selectively enforced. One poor boy got caught putting vegetables in his milk carton, and they dumped it out and made him eat it. 

And of course the usual bra-snapping, groping, and so on. In middle school, the boy who sat behind had a lighter and kept grabbing the ends of my long hair and putting it in the flame. Yes, I got the usual spiel that he must like me! Dude, he is literally setting my hair on fire. Does that not disturb you? Do you think maybe you should confiscate the lighter? (I say dude, but it was a female teacher). 

For the most part, I was treated very well by my teachers, but I witnessed some awful things. I don't agree with zero tolerance, but the old ways aren't the answer either. We'll have to put up with some pendulum swings until we sort it out, I guess. 

• Like 3