Menu

Any experiences with JJ's House for wedding party attire?

ereks mom

Wow!  It's been so long since I've been here! 

I'm a grandmother now!  Sweet baby Sam (my son ER's first child) is now 9 months old and is crawling and pulling up. He had heart surgery (coarctation of the aorta) when he was 5 weeks old, but he is doing great now. :)

And DH & I are about to be empty nesters. EK is planning her wedding!  We found The Wedding Dress earlier this week, and now we're searching for bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride dresses. A friend suggested JJ's House (Hong Kong) and said she had a good experience with them, but most of the online reviews we've seen (except their site, naturally) are terrible!  Just wondering if any of my Hive friends have had any experience ordering from JJ's House. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hi! I don’t know about sites but two brides I know have ordered dresses from one of these sites. They were both happy. I thought one needed altering and that the fabrics were not exactly what I would’ve wanted. Is there time to get fabric swatches?

Hi nice to see you!

I haven't heard anything positive about ordering formal wear dresses from China. It seems like a crap shoot at best.  I wouldn't mess around with it  for a wedding, unless they were cheap enough to completely ditch and buy something new if you need too. 

• Like 2

Hi, nice to see you here.  Like Tap said, I would not mess with ordering a wedding dress from China.  We didn't buy our dd's wedding dress online but she picked out a local one that was gorgeous (but not white, rather off white) and was on sale for something like 100 or 150 because the wedding shop wanted it sold.  However, my dh has ordered non wedding stuff occasionally from China and delivery has been really iffy. We never order must have items from overseas.

Thanks, ladies. We’ve pretty much decided against ordering from JJ’s House. The appeal, besides the pretty dresses and the affordability, is the fact that they ship overseas (one bridesmaid lives in Thailand and another in Australia). EK has found another company, Azazie (based in the U.S.), that’s also affordable and has dresses in the styles she likes. Unfortunately, they don’t ship overseas. But I feel a lot better about dealing with an American business.

I just had a terrible experience buying shoes from them. My daughters are in a play and needed something specific. They took forever to ship, their sizing charts are off, and their return policy is garbage. When they took weeks (weeks!) and still hadn’t sent one pair, I cancelled the order and they would only refund the shipping. Thankfully I’m only out about $35 after the whole ordeal, though I still had to buy shoes elsewhere. I would never do business with them again for anything.

Edited by Forget-me-not

I loved my mother of the groom dress from JJ House!

Their sizing is amazingly weird as I recall and I ordered to the best of my ability with what they had listed.  At that point, I was wearing a size 8 and I ordered the 4x.  It fit correctly at the waist but the underarms were poofy so my daughter altered it for me, but once all that was said and done -- I LOVED IT!  I added a satiny navy shrug, a silver rope belt, my wedding pearls and navy suede pumps. The quality of the dress was excellent, a really substantial material, not light and flimsy at all.  I got so many complements on it and I can't wait to fit into it again (grin).  This is the dress I ordered (out of stock now).

Edited by milovany