Menu

Hair care experts

Seasider

You know how great your hair feels when you leave the salon, all sleek and shiny?

What product(s) do I need to make it feel that way when I do it myself, and where do I need to buy it? My hair is not curly, a little on the fine side.

Please share some of your favorites with me.

This shampoo was the first one to do that for me: Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo (I only use shampoo, never conditioner).  I purchased this at an upscale salon until I saw it was for sale at the salon in the Walmart where I market.

Then, I found this amazing shampoo at a friend's house: TRESemmé Expert Selection Botanique - Nourish & Replenish Shampoo.  Amazing difference in my hair the days I use it.  Can't describe it, it just lays nicely all day!  I purchase this at Walmart.   Here's a link to what I use:

â Botanique Nourish and Replenish Shampooâ â¦â€ªtresemme.com‬â©

I'd start by asking your stylist. She knows your hair best.

Also, describe your hair besides "the fine side."

Is it thick or thin? You can have very thick but fine hair.

Oily? Normal? Dry?

Do you need to build in some volume?

Tame frizz?

Is it natural? Colored? Have anything else done to it?

As I've gotten older my hair can't handle "grocery store" products. Believe me, I've tried about everything. They're disaster for my hair. I get most stuff from either Ulta or my stylist. I need good quality shampoo and conditioner as well as some anti-frizz or conditioning leave-in product