Menu

How to sell my homeschool curricula here or on ebay?

NoPlaceLikeHome

My son is almost done with highschool and I have a lot of homeschool materials to sell. Does anyone have any tips for selling that protects the buyer and me? Any tips on shipping? Any links to tutorials?

I was looking on ebay seller page but my first impression is that it seems geared to big sellers which I don't plan on being. For example, there is ebay shipping which seems interesting and easy but seems like it is geared to big sellers or am I wrong?

I am also open to selling here but am looking for tips for on how to do so in such a way to protect the buyer and me. 

I appreciate any information.

Either sell with Paypal on eBay or elsewhere or sell on Amazon. Both have protections, but you still likely will eat a few transactions if you sell enough. You have to accept that.

I always aim to have the best price, or I donate to the library. It isn't worth it otherwise to me.

I primarily sell on Amazon and eBay.

Either sell with Paypal on eBay or elsewhere or sell on Amazon. Both have protections, but you still likely will eat a few transactions if you sell enough. You have to accept that.

I always aim to have the best price, or I donate to the library. It isn't worth it otherwise to me.

I primarily sell on Amazon and eBay.

Are you able to get good prices from Amazon? Do you allow Amazon to sell for you or do you sell yourself?

If it's a more unique book (most of my homeschool texts) I often sold them on eBay.  For more mass produced run-of-the-mill books (often college textbooks), I seemed to have better luck on Amazon.  On eBay, I use PayPal.  Make sure you charge enough for postage.  Those books can be heavy!  Also on eBay, I always start with my bottom-line asking price but put it on auction.

• Like 1

Are you able to get good prices from Amazon? Do you allow Amazon to sell for you or do you sell yourself?

I've only had Amazon sell it once. I looked at what they were offering, and it was actually more than I expected to get!

If I can't get $5, I just donate it to the library. I currently have several dozen books on Amazon and sell at least 3-4 every week.

• Like 3

Like others said, if it's an in demand textbook, Amazon.  I've used Craigslist, as well, with a meet up at Starbucks.  Lately though, for what I would go through to sell, it's easier to donate to my library bookstore.  It's a write off on taxes, and if someone buys it, I know they must really want it and got a good deal.

I wish you luck.  I gave up trying to sell or even give away my homeschool materials to individuals.  One time, more than half of the people who emailed that they really wanted an item (offered for free) never bothered to come get it.  I was DONE.

Instead, I recently contacted a counselor through my umbrella school and offered boxes of materials that they could pass along to families who could use it. So much easier.