Menu

Unconventional Olympics

JIN MOUSA

Fun game for a Saturday night

What sort of unconventional Olympic events would you be competitive in?

I think I could make a run for gold in Overcomplicating Things.

I would probably also have a good showing in the headlining event of Identifying Actors or Actresses Who Have Had a Small Role in One Episode of The West Wing. This is mainly due to my intense training, consisting of watching every episode multiple times. 

• Like 5

:lol:

Hmmm....maybe I could compete for gold in the "most things piled onto a bed while still finding space to sleep" competition (I was cleaning out my closet and was too tired to do anything but sleep).

Or perhaps most times driving over to help a parent with computer issues.

Worst Cook?

Not sure I'm excelling at anything else... :laugh:

• Like 5

I would probably also have a good showing in the headlining event of Identifying Actors or Actresses Who Have Had a Small Role in One Episode of The West Wing. This is mainly due to my intense training, consisting of watching every episode multiple times. 

I sometimes play "West Wing, ER, or Both".  But I cheat and use Wikipedia while I'm watching to check.

For the Unconventional Olympics, put me down for "Able to Remember Exactly Where Everyone Left Their Junk Instead of Putting it Away Like I Asked".

• Like 6

Storytelling with Extensive Parenthetical Details

(If there was a pairs competition in this, my brother and I would dominate.)

My mom was legendary at this.  And I am following in her footsteps.  

During the Olympics, I'd win at emulating a couch.  And producing stress hormones, making mountains out of molehills.  

• Like 4

I’m super fast- at going to the dark side for no real reason. Example: father in law called me at 6:45 am Tuesday. He asked if dh was home, and when I said no, he told me dh’s sister was trying to get in touch with him. I imagined the worst, but she just wanted to wish him a Happy birthday.

Also very confident that I’m medal winning caliber at dust accumulation. I just can’t keep up. It’s easier to just name the dust bunnies and consider them pets.

• Like 5

Well, I hate to brag, but I am the queen of getting the dog to poop on command.  I know, I know--you're all jealous now; that's why I don't really talk about it much, but within my immediate family, we all know.

That is impressive.  My dog pees on command, and he's an intact male who can pee many, many times at any given time. I never take him to Pet Smart as he'd pee as soon as he smelled where another dog went. 

• Like 2

I would definitely medal in Having the Most Writing Implements in the Junk Drawer Without Any Being Usable.

I'd love to be out of contention for this event, but that would involve much training in Pencil Sharpening. Which is a weakness not only for me, but for everyone in my family.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 8

I would definitely medal in Having the Most Writing Implements in the Junk Drawer Without Any Being Usable.

I'd love to be out of contention for this event, but that would involve much training in Pencil Sharpening. Which is a weakness not only for me, but for everyone in my family.

I bet I could be in contention for the most “junk drawers†in a single house. I seem to have one in every room.
  • Like 3

Well, I hate to brag, but I am the queen of getting the dog to poop on command.  I know, I know--you're all jealous now; that's why I don't really talk about it much, but within my immediate family, we all know.

That’s nothing.

I can get everyone in the house to poop on command. All I have to do is have a bath in our only bathroom.

• Like 16

Finding things that are exactly at eye-level as soon as one opens the cupboard, refrigerator, etc. Somehow nobody else in our house is capable of doing this.  :huh:

Does this talent you have include finding things on the table right in front of you? I'm having a harder time with this lately.  :laugh:

• Like 2

I could win "turning the lights off" since I have thirty years of experience following Dh around and flipping light switches added to a bizarre amount of experience with the four kids.

I would come in DEAD LAST at dusting. The piano was whining at me yesterday when I finally took the time to do it.

• Like 3

Challenge accepted!

Or do you just want to call it a tie, so we can both take home the gold?

Oh let's share the podium! In these competitions, ties are possible after all!  

(I rushed to do a passport photo before chemo takes my hair & OMG, it's so horrible :(  I hate how we can't smile in passport photos because I swear it's like someone else's face. It served me well when working in immigration tho..... When I was doing my drivers licence a while back, the guy started to take the photo and then gently said, maybe you can smile a bit... Good man.) 

• Like 5

I think I'd be a strong contender in Procrastination. I can put-off-until-tomorrow, avoid-by-doing-housework and cleverly-forget-until-too late with skill and grace. :laugh:

Interesting! I'm a strong contender in the category of procrastinating-on-housework-by-doing-other-things. If it were some kind of bi-athalon, we could make a good team.

Edited by Storygirl
  • Like 5

(I rushed to do a passport photo before chemo takes my hair & OMG, it's so horrible :( I hate how we can't smile in passport photos because I swear it's like someone else's face. It served me well when working in immigration tho..... When I was doing my drivers licence a while back, the guy started to take the photo and then gently said, maybe you can smile a bit... Good man.)

When DH was going through his first cancer treatment, his license needed to be renewed. No hair, yep...but the worst part was the missing beard and eyebrows. (Heavy man = double chins.)

People who see this license now can't believe it's him. He literally looked like someone's 80 yo grandma.

• Like 1