Menu

ISO: knitting pattern for beginner

cave canem

Yes, Ravelry is my top place to look.  You can sort patterns by all sorts of things like weight of yarn, and  search for free patterns only.  Plus you can look at lots of pictures of how items turned out when knit by various people, and read their reviews of their experiences knitting the pattern.

• Like 1

This idea might be too ambitious, but I am looking for a simple sweater that a young teen with limited knitting experience could make, probably in a wool blend.

I will be available to help.

What is a good place to look for pattern?

Thanks!

Tin Can Knits has a collection of patterns for beginners, called The Simple Collection. They are all free patterns, including lots of links to tutorials and simple explanations. They are meant to be done in order, from scarf to hat to mittens to sweater, but I have no doubt that an ambitious beginner, with plenty of in-person and YouTube help, could make this sweater: http://tincanknits.com/pattern-SC-flax.html

FWIW - I learned how to knit just last summer/fall by picking a (non-beginner) pattern that I really, really wanted,buying top-of-the-line wool and knitting needles, and watching lots of YouTube videos. Also, I keep notes in a small notebook to remind myself of the things I had learned. My advice is to buy decent yarn and tools - it really does make things easier!

• Like 3