Menu

Olympic Figure Skater Outfits

MamaBearTeacher

I’ve been live streaming the skating via the NBC app on my Apple TV and prefer the international announcers over the NBC team’s blah-blah-blah-look-at-me silliness. I don’t even know who the announcers on that feed are—one is an Australian woman, and she’s good. They don’t even show their faces.

If this is the cbc feed, then here are the commentators:  Kurt Browning (former men's figure skater), Carol Lane (originally from London, England) and Brenda Irving. On the link below you can scroll down and click on the names on the right side. 

http://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/program/olympic-winter-games-pyeongchang-2018

• Like 1

If this is the cbc feed, then here are the commentators: Kurt Browning (former men's figure skater), Carol Lane (originally from London, England) and Brenda Irving. On the link below you can scroll down and click on the names on the right side.

http://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/program/olympic-winter-games-pyeongchang-2018

It’s Belinda Noonan and Jim van Horne I heard.

I was always a Debi Thomas fan over Katarina.  Really sad to read about what's become of her life.   Other skaters I loved included Midori Ito, Surya Bonaly, and Kristi Yamaguchi.

Oh....and can't forget.... 

Not a major follower anymore, but the costumes/skirts looked longer this year.

Edited by umsami

I really wish NBC made it easier for non cable tv users to view the games.

You can do a one week free trial of YouTube TV that will give you access. You want to be sure to cancel if you don't keep it because it's $35 a month, but it's a good way to get your Olympics fix without having to mess with a cable box or anything.

• Like 1

It’s Belinda Noonan and Jim van Horne I heard.

That's a really cool story about Belinda Noonan. Apparently Jim van Horne is Canadian, a sport anchor who been involved in a wide range of sports (hockey, tennis, Sochi olympics). According to his wiki bio he was named Billboard Magazine's Disc Jockey of the year in 1972, the only Canadian to ever claim the honour.