Menu

Looking for slow cooker recipes that aren't complete meals!

IvyInFlorida

Because while I, personally, could live off one pot meals for the rest of my life, nobody else agrees with me, haha.

Would y'all please recommend slow cooker cookbooks or individual recipes for main dish meats and poultry that are just the meats (plus whatever sauces, seasonings, etc)?  My favorite slow cooker cookbook is seriously heavy on complete meals.

THANK YOU!

You can kind of do anything with chicken and the crockpot. Put chicken in, add some kind of sauce. Then make your sides separate. Budget Bytes has a good salsa verde chicken we make a lot. It’s basically chicken with a jar of salsa verde (and some other spices but those could probably be left off). You could use BBQ sauce or some other store bought sauce to make it super easy. One of my favorites is a curry with coconut milk. It’s basically chicken, coconut milk and spices or a good curry powder. Budget Bytes is probably my favorite recipe source, although she does also like one pot meals. But I find that her recipes are easy and almost uniformly good. 

I do meatloaf in the crockpot. I don’t have a specific recipe, but if you Google it you can find a bunch that are good. Meatballs are also good and can be used with pasta or for sandwiches. 

I make Lentil Tacos in the crockpot. It’s basically the filling and then you use it instead of meat in tacos. 

Edited by Alice

I am constantly making chicken taco meat. One pound chicken breasts, one jar of mild or medium salsa (we use medium) and one pack of taco seasoning (or the homemade equivalent). Cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken is done and shred with two forks.

Edited by CaliforniaDreaming
  • Like 1