Menu

What's with the ads?

I have been homeschooling too long and used too many materials to use anything I don't actually like. How about you?

• Like 5

That was me last year. It led to the great book purge of 2017, in which I sold or donated a literal ton of books.  Why waste time on stuff that you don't like (especially when there are so many great choices out there!)???

• Like 6

I have been homeschooling too long and used too many materials to use anything I don't actually like. How about you?

What about when you realize that one of your kids learns really really differently than you and that you need to be the adult? 

(Using a math program now I said I'd never use...)

Emily

• Like 4

What about when you realize that one of your kids learns really really differently than you and that you need to be the adult?

(Using a math program now I said I'd never use...)

Emily

lol btdt too
  • Like 1

I keep thinking I should clean stuff out. And then I look at the trail of little brothers.

I did a little miquon with my first. Then a very little with my second. Never opened it with my third. But now I look at the two littlest guys and can maybe see it working for both of them together. They might like a special math time with them, Mom, and the rods.

• Like 1

I find that if *I* don't like using it, I'm less likely to actually, y'know, actually use it.

• Like 4

I find that if *I* don't like using it, I'm less likely to actually, y'know, actually use it.

Yes, very true! But I've had to expand my definition of "like" to fit one of my kiddos and then just do it.

There's also the problem of "Remember that one program I didn't love.  It might be just the thing now."  Then proceed to buy it AGAIN and not like it AGAIN.  I'm better off with it on my shelf to prevent memory loss.   :laugh:

• Like 4

Not curriculum, but I decimated a bookshelf today. Picture books. Flipped through the books, and chose at least one per group of ten, in the order they were on the shelf, to put in the "donate" pile. Now I'm just going to have to remove them from my librarything library before I donate them. And hope they don't escape the pile in the meantime!

We have a great library, and all of the books we do have (at least, the ones I plan to get rid of) are old, not so great, books. Absolutely no reason to have 500 picture books. Need to make space for the 500 curriculum-related books  :lol:

Not curriculum, but I decimated a bookshelf today. Picture books. Flipped through the books, and chose at least one per group of ten, in the order they were on the shelf, to put in the "donate" pile. Now I'm just going to have to remove them from my librarything library before I donate them. And hope they don't escape the pile in the meantime!

We have a great library, and all of the books we do have (at least, the ones I plan to get rid of) are old, not so great, books. Absolutely no reason to have 500 picture books. Need to make space for the 500 curriculum-related books :lol:

😂😂😂