Menu

edhesive AP Statistics? Anyone taking that this year?

I’ve read about Edhesive classes recently. We were interested in the learning more, however... Has anyone had trouble reaching them? We’ve emailed the company twice, once directly via their email address and once via the form on their website. It’s been a couple weeks, we never received a response.

My younger boy is taking for fun (as a boredom buster to Precalculus) but not taking the AP exam this year as he will do that with older boy next year. I have no desire to do AP Statistics exam prep two years in a row and I already have my hands full with older boy’s AP exams prep this May. (ETA: my boys are a year apart and younger boy likes company for exams and test prep)

Freesia’s child is taking the course and exam if I didn’t remember wrong.

We were interested in the learning more, however... Has anyone had trouble reaching them?

Syllabus http://edhesive.s3.amazonaws.com/AP_Statistics/Syllabus/AP_Statistics_Syllabus_Edhesive.pdf

I have also emailed them about AP Stats, because the website doesn’t allow for the registration for this course (as oppose to say their Comp science courses that one can register online).

Registration link. Click on the sky blue $150-STUDENT LICENSE box on that link. https://edhesive.com/parents_homeschools#course-box-parent--ap-statistics Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 3

My younger boy is taking for fun (as a boredom buster to Precalculus) but not taking the AP exam this year as he will do that with older boy next year. I have no desire to do AP Statistics exam prep two years in a row and I already have my hands full with older boy’s AP exams prep this May.

Freesia’s child is taking the course and exam if I didn’t remember wrong.

Syllabus http://edhesive.s3.amazonaws.com/AP_Statistics/Syllabus/AP_Statistics_Syllabus_Edhesive.pdf

Registration link. Click on the sky blue $150-STUDENT LICENSE box on that link. https://edhesive.com/parents_homeschools#course-box-parent--ap-statistics

Thank you!

I don't know why I couldn't get to the registration site. That settles it. 

How time intensive is it? 

Edited by Roadrunner

I don't know why I couldn't get to the registration site.

How time intensive is it?

Edhesive emailed me the link and syllabus when I asked them last year.

It’s my “slowpoke†that is taking it for fun and he skip all the “how to use the calculator to do it†portions in the lessons so I have no idea how time intensive it is. It is however less interesting/engaging than their computer science A course for him because he keeps getting distracted and going web surfing while he actually look forward to lessons being released when doing the computer science A course and did not get bored. This kid does a lot better in brick and mortar classes though.

• Like 2

We are. They are open to homeschoolers, but have some glitches to work out for homeschoolers like giving us access to the grading sheets for FRQs. They have told me they are working on a long term solution, but it would be worth asking and making sure you will have access to teacher material before you sign up.

The class is very good and my ds likes it so it is worth exploring as an option. We've had good experiences with edhesive and they've been quick to help with the problems this year.

• Like 3