Menu

Confession Time

I don't tell anyone to make their beds unless company is coming over.  My house is usually tidy even when people aren't coming over, but I still don't make my own bed.  As Jim Gaffigan says, "I don't make my bed for the same reason I don't tie my shoes after I take them off."

I'm also considering ditching grammar.  My youngest struggles with abstraction and writes well, so I don't care if she can identify an indirect object anymore.

• Like 3

Yep yours is probably mine.

Also my paper homeschool is basically perfect. The real deal not so much.

Also I haven't finished printing the curriculum for our school year that started two weeks ago!!!

Mine too! I'm so good at planning! It's the execution... (well, and lack of cooperation on the kids' part)

We started our school year Jan 1. We've only finished 3 weeks so far  :leaving:

We are/were set to start week 4 today, but DS slept in until noon. DD got to do one-on-one art time with mama instead! 

• Like 2

If I get overwhelmed with housework, I make my kids follow me around the house with their schoolwork for the day so I can be cleaning and organizing but not get behind on schoolwork. They have been known to sit in empty laundry baskets doing math or on the bathroom counter during a spelling quiz. :laugh: They hate this and tell me their homeschooled friends get the day off when their moms "freak out about the house.." :biggrinjester:

Dh ran the school day for me recently and later he was telling me how it went and said, "but there wasn't any grammar for dd." And I replied with, "yeah, so what's your point?" So relieved I'm not the only one with grammar lesson issues. :D

• Like 4

Same. Also I'd feel way less overwhelmed if I stuck to just a few resources I actually use rather than hoarding curriculum/encyclopedias/etc in my house. I've gotten to the point where I regularly see a book at a store and honestly can't remember if I want it because I already have it or because I don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1