Menu

Spelling You See - Do I need TM?

Hi all! I'm getting ready to buy Jack and Jill for my second grade son who is reading on grade level and just now ready to start some spelling and dictation.  I think SYS will be a little better for him than AAS (which I love for my daughter).  

Do I need to buy the Instructor Guide or just the student workbooks? 

Thanks!!

I have the TM for level D but I don't use it. I don't really care if we both happen to miss one or two highlights. But my DS doesn't do the full page dictation so it's easy for me to remember just the one sentence. If you're going to do the full page dictation you'll either need the TM or try to read from the other side of the page or rip it out of the workbook.

I use mine all the time for the answer key. I'm not about to spend the time trying to figure out myself if all the words are highlighted correctly.

Haha, I get what you mean. In B and even C it was easier to eyeball it since the colors were limited. D is like a kaleidoscope of color so the manual is nice to have.

For dictation I usually tear out the passage from the book and use it that way.

• Like 1