Menu

ebags luggage

DawnM

I am in love with everything I have ordered from ebags.

Lunchbox (cooler jr. II)

backpack suitcase (for my son's mission trip to Mexico)

packing cubes

And now I want to order a suitcase for myself since mine is falling apart.  I am looking at the 21" carry-on and the 22" carry-on and I can't for the life of me figure out why they have a 21" since airline standards say 22" is ok.   But the 21" has more features that I like.

Anyone have either of these bags and can tell me what you like/don't like about them?  

I SHOULD have gotten the new Professional model when I was offered it for $125, but I hesitated because I wanted it in purple and it only came in black.  But it def. has more features and is a better bag, it is now $169 on sale.

Help me.  I am a terrible decision maker.

And this will be for airline travel, so it needs to be a carry on size.

I may get a "purse" as well.....looking at the duffles for that, although I think those may be too big to qualify as a purse.

I love their packing cubes, too!

I do not have experience with their luggage, but wanted to comment on the sizes. While U.S. airlines allow a 22" carry on, most other airlines do NOT. The limit is 21" and many are very strict about the size (and weight!) If you plan to travel abroad at all, go with the 21"  :001_smile:

• Like 1

I love their packing cubes, too!

I do not have experience with their luggage, but wanted to comment on the sizes. While U.S. airlines allow a 22" carry on, most other airlines do NOT. The limit is 21" and many are very strict about the size (and weight!) If you plan to travel abroad at all, go with the 21"  :001_smile:

AHA!  That makes sense.  Ok.  Thanks.  They are having a sale on their 21" and it is a very good sale.....so  I may just go ahead and order.

What do you know about purse sizes?

Their bags look awesome and I almost bought one on a rec from the board, but even the smallest is too big for WOW's free bag size restriction. Because I'm a super minimalist packer, I went with an Eddie Bauer Stowaway packable backpack. With a packing cube or two I'll have more than enough room for weeks of travel.

I imagine most people want more space than I do, however.

Eddie Bauer has cute travel purses, too, fwiw. Mine fits right inside the front pocket of the backpack since again, WOW only allows the one bag.

• Like 1

Their bags look awesome and I almost bought one on a rec from the board, but even the smallest is too big for WOW's free bag size restriction. Because I'm a super minimalist packer, I went with an Eddie Bauer Stowaway packable backpack. With a packing cube or two I'll have more than enough room for weeks of travel.

Eddie Bauer has cute travel purses, too, fwiw. Mine fits right inside the front pocket of the backpack since again, WOW only allows the one bag.

I'm a minimalist traveler too- thanks for the recommendation. Which size did you order? There's 20L and 30L and packable Pack and packable daypack.  All currently half price, too!

• Like 1

I'm a minimalist traveler too- thanks for the recommendation. Which size did you order? There's 20L and 30L and packable Pack and packable daypack. All currently half price, too!

I got the 30L packable daypack. I've tested it with 2 medium sized packing cubes (my clothes fit in one, I just wanted to see how much could fit) and there's still loads of space (for my needs) without over stuffing.

The azure color is gorgeous--I couldn't resist it. :)

Edited by MEmama
  • Like 1

If you're wanting to travel outside the US choose the lightest bag as many overseas airlines have a 7kg weight limit on carry-on bags.  Most 22" bags with wheels would weigh half of that or more empty, so not much room for what you want to take with you.  My dc choose backpack style convertible bags for their carry-on only trips.  Dd said she usually didn't get asked to weigh her bag as it looked so small when compared to other carry-on bags.  I like the looks of the ebags carry-on luggage, but it seems really heavy for today's luggage regulations.

Although most international travel allows for checked bags at no additional cost now that i think about it.  So, I am not sure I need anything to last me a few weeks.  

We have backpacking backpacks from my kids' scout days.

I don't want a backpack that is that large.  I have to carry my CPAP in another bag and my computer, etc....I am just not in the market for a backpack and uber light.

I just want to travel.  Normal travel, where we stay in hotels, on ships, and do day hikes only.  Or stay with friends or family once I get there.

And I don't know what WOW stands for (I keep thinking World of Warcraft, but I am pretty sure that isn't it.)

• Like 1

Although most international travel allows for checked bags at no additional cost now that i think about it. So, I am not sure I need anything to last me a few weeks.

We have backpacking backpacks from my kids' scout days.

I don't want a backpack that is that large. I have to carry my CPAP in another bag and my computer, etc....I am just not in the market for a backpack and uber light.

I just want to travel. Normal travel, where we stay in hotels, on ships, and do day hikes only. Or stay with friends or family once I get there.

And I don't know what WOW stands for (I keep thinking World of Warcraft, but I am pretty sure that isn't it.)

Sorry-- WOW is one of Iceland's budget airlines. Because tickets can be so cheap, luggage is severely restricted, unless you want to pay extra. It's no frills all the way. :)

• Like 1