Menu

What's for dinner?

SparklyUnicorn

No idea yet.  We're camping and on the beach so perhaps poptarts eaten during a sunset beach walk or maybe heated chicken and dumplings upon our return.  I suspect there's a good chance of ice cream after our walk as we'll be passing by the campground store on our return.

We don't put much effort into meals when we're out - just in case that's not obvious from my post.   :lol:  No regrets.  Cooking has never been on my Top Anything list for things I enjoy.

• Like 2

No idea yet.  We're camping and on the beach so perhaps poptarts eaten during a sunset beach walk or maybe heated chicken and dumplings upon our return.  I suspect there's a good chance of ice cream after our walk as we'll be passing by the campground store on our return.

We don't put much effort into meals when we're out - just in case that's not obvious from my post.   :lol:  No regrets.  Cooking has never been on my Top Anything list for things I enjoy.

LMAO!

Meanwhile I'm bracing for the snow storm. 

• Like 2

LMAO!

Meanwhile I'm bracing for the snow storm. 

We've read the Emergency Weather Alerts our e-mail sends us - and are thankful we choose to relocate hubby's office when we can in the winter.  Folks here sometimes openly wonder why we're "on vacation" yet can't tear away from our computers.  We're not on vacation.  The office has merely relocated.  Being on a computer while gazing at dolphins and shorebirds sure beats the alternative back home right now!  Once we explain it they tell us how lucky/smart we are.  I'm sure plenty don't ask and just judge.  That's ok.  I don't give a hoot.

Our vacation will come in March when the boys have their Spring Break and join us - and we had one back between Christmas and New Year's - also with them.  Then he doesn't work.  Right now he's on the phone with a work phone call as I type.

I, unashamedly, get to bask in extra vacation time since my job can't relocate.  Such a pity... (No regrets again.)

• Like 1

Recipe 😀???

It's super hard, but if you're sure you're up to the challenge... :D

1 lb kielbasa, cut up

1 lb fresh or frozen green beans

6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up (or you can use whole new potatoes)

Dump in the Crock-pot with 13-14 oz. chicken broth (about a can) and 1 T-ish seasoning salt. Stir and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

• Like 2

Well, I really, really, really wanted frozen yogurt since our local place has BOGO for national frozen yogurt day.  

We had leftover Korean grilled chicken, brown rice, and salad.  

I'm kind of disappointed, but should be happy since the dinner I ate was way healthier than the dinner I wanted.

We ended up with pop tarts.  Unfrosted brown sugar cinnamon for me and chocolate fudge for hubby.  We had Utz potato sticks for dessert - mainly because the poptarts are way too sweet for me to end on.  I needed salt.

The walk, however, was awesome - not a spectacular sunset, but dolphins, shorebirds, pelicans and the sound of waves gently rolling in.  We saw about half a dozen other people total in 4 miles or so.  For Creekland's "taste," it was perfect and worth putting up with pop tarts.  Camping is something I love partially because we rarely cook, meaning there's little to clean too.  (The other part I love is just hearing and being in nature.  Having fellow nature lovers around is a nice bonus - new friends to talk with.  I still wonder if anyone is left back in Canada running the country.  :lol: )

• Like 1

Last night I made pepperoni pizza for the other people and some wadded up feta/tomato/arugula/phyllo pastry for me. We’re having Indian food tonight, mostly from the Indian grocery store here but I’m also going to experiment with steaming idlis for the first time.