Menu

Someone's Got a Case of the Februaries

mellifera33

Anyone else? I was counting on orchestra practice to save our homeschool day. While waiting in the parked car, after driving 35 minutes, I checked my email and realized that practice was cancelled. Doh! We drove back home and now the kids are playing outside. I'm trying to psych myself up to do something...anything....

• Like 2

A lot of people struggle with February.  I'm ok with February and March...but April and May are miserable.  I just want school to be done and summer vacation can't come fast enough.  In February, I'm still in my hunker-down-this-is-our-life-forever mode.  But April and May...those are tough months.  I run out of endurance in April and May.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 5

Anyone else? I was counting on orchestra practice to save our homeschool day. While waiting in the parked car, after driving 35 minutes, I checked my email and realized that practice was cancelled. Doh! We drove back home and now the kids are playing outside. I'm trying to psych myself up to do something...anything....

It us ok to embrace doing nothing.

• Like 2

I am in total February mode. I planned to go 2 more weeks before taking a one week break but I just couldn't take it anymore! I have literally been DRAGGING them through even the simplest work they should totally be able to knock out on their own. Everyone's driving me bananas!

My original plan to plow through the next two weeks regardless changed due to an unexpected week off work (some renovations at my workplace). I decided I didn't want to spend my week off miserable so I just declared a one week break early.

But seriously, why are we dragging our heels so badly when it has been only a month since our Christmas break ended??? I don't understand but I am rolling with it. Trying to catch up on multiple cleaning projects instead of sitting next to my kids saying the words 'focus' or 'lets knock this out' over and over.

Sigh... when we start back I might just record those phrases and hit play all day long and save my breath for the rest of this month. At least my house will be clean though.

• Like 1

I hate February. By now I am sick of winter and being cold and the mess of slushy shoes and boots...hats and gloves and coats all over the place. So when I woke up and heard we're getting six inches of snow today I vacillated between rage and tears.  I'm tired of winter.  And I KNOW that I'm this way every February. I need to be like my farmer friends who always take a vacation to a sunny spot this month. 

Sorry you drove that far for nothing. Hope tomorrow is less February-ish. 

• Like 1

This weekend I was REALLY complaining to DH, and wanted to make all these HUGE changes, like move.

And my DH said to me, "February is not a good time to make major life decisions when you live in New England and homeschool."

Right.   I forget EVERY YEAR until I am in the middle of it  :lol: !

It will all look better in March....it will all look better in March....

• Like 6

is that what's wrong with me? I'm hating my job and not feeling good about most people I have to deal with on a regular basis, except my family. I don't want to work! I miss my free time, being here with the kids, taking the dog for a walk in the middle of the day, watching birds out the window, homeschool stuff, my hobbies, my crafty stuff, cooking. Chocolate doesn't cure the februaries for me.

Thanks for the heads up on living in New England. Every summer I tell myself that's where we're moving to. 

If February = Obnoxious Children + Yelling mother threatening to send 2/3 of them to public school just after ordering loads of new curricula, then we have contracted the Februaries too. :blink:

And I feel like I have a really bad case of PMS but I checked the calendar and it's ridiculously early so I can't blame that. I looked at those seasonal disorder light things today on line but there's no way I'm paying that much for light when I live where I do.

Anyway, yeah. Blah. It's not just you. Hope everyone gets a break soon.

Lol. I thought PMS, too, until my period ended and I was still "pmsing". They are all driving me insane even when they sing happy songs.

Dh usually takes them to his mom for a few days each February and I get the house to myself. Yay! This year, he's taking ds on a college trip (yay, I don't have to) and just told me he doesn't think he can also bring them to his mom's. ( AHH!!!!!)