Menu

3rd grade planning thread 2018-2019

HomeAgain

I think this was the only grade I didn't see!  Is there one already?  If not, post your plans here! :D

For us:

Language Arts - Debating between ELTL or MBTP.  We're doing ELTL this year, and it has been great, but I don't know how the writing ramps up in the next level.  Right now he only does a portion of the copywork rather than all two pages, but does all the grammar easily and our own dictation program.

Reading - Elson Readers.  It was a hit this year so we'll stay with the series if he does ELTL.

Spelling - I'm torn between SYS and Dictation Day By Day.  DBD has worked very well for the past year and a half and it's free.  Do we need more intensive spelling? Would prepared dictation be a welcome change from cold?

Math - still with Right Start.  We'll add in the next three Life Of Fred books for fun.

Science - again, torn.  Deciding between  BFSU vol. 2 and Mystery Science.  Either way, we'll add in a Science Daybook for reinforcement on the off days.

History - SOTW vol. 3, but I'm building our own American history study to go with it based on field trips that are available.

Latin - He chose First Form Latin. Not what I would have picked for him, but I'm willing to work with it.  This year he did GSWL so it'll be a step up.

Art - Artistic Pursuits K-3 books 2 & 3.  We've staggered these so we followed books 1 and 2 more along with history.

French - continue One Third Stories.  It's light, funny, and perfect for his age.

LOL, it will be interesting to see if this list stays the same by June! :lol:

What's in your plans for next year?

• Like 2

I was just working on this.  

History/Lit/Reading - Sonlight Core D with his 5th grade sister

Language Arts - Sorta stuck on this, but am thinking Essentials in Writing or Fix It.

Math - Right Start D with some review support with an ABEKA workbook (he needs more spiral and more practice)

Spelling - AAS 2/3

Science - His sister will be doing Apologia Human Anatomy in co-op, so I may just have him do this as well.  Even if it is a big more difficult.  

• Like 2

I was just thinking about this yesterday, I've got some stuff picked out and some stuff I'm not sure about (so this is very tentative). I'm just not sure how next year will be, too many things up in the air at the moment and it is really hampering my ability to plan ahead. My current thoughts is to pick things that are easy to do and if it works out that I have more time and energy then we can add on the extra stuff, if not at least we get the basics done.

Math- MiF3--- assuming MiF2 continues to go well-- my current plan is to do MiF through 3rd then start her with Saxon 5/4 in 4th

LA- Guest Hollow LA- using Modern Speller for spelling (already bought this)

Lit-I'll likely continue my plan from this year-- I have a shelf of good books- she picks one and reads it every day until finished- how's that for a fancy plan :) 

History- Galore Park- Jr. History Book 3 (done with sister)- they wanted Brittish History (99% certain)

Science- I think Nature Study but might have her do some workbook program for the other days. I had been thinking about the Nature Journal from SCM and then I thought I'll just take Exploring Nature with Children and type up journal pages for her from that and have it bound. She is very independent and I need things where she can direct it. That would take work on the front end but not so much week to week (when I'm really crunched).

• Like 1

I think this was the only grade I didn't see! Is there one already? If not, post your plans here! :D

For us:

Language Arts - Debating between ELTL or MBTP. We're doing ELTL this year, and it has been great, but I don't know how the writing ramps up in the next level. Right now he only does a portion of the copywork rather than all two pages, but does all the grammar easily and our own dictation program.

Reading - Elson Readers. It was a hit this year so we'll stay with the series if he does ELTL.

Spelling - I'm torn between SYS and Dictation Day By Day. DBD has worked very well for the past year and a half and it's free. Do we need more intensive spelling? Would prepared dictation be a welcome change from cold?

Math - still with Right Start. We'll add in the next three Life Of Fred books for fun.

Science - again, torn. Deciding between BFSU vol. 2 and Mystery Science. Either way, we'll add in a Science Daybook for reinforcement on the off days.

History - SOTW vol. 3, but I'm building our own American history study to go with it based on field trips that are available.

Latin - He chose First Form Latin. Not what I would have picked for him, but I'm willing to work with it. This year he did GSWL so it'll be a step up.

Art - Artistic Pursuits K-3 books 2 & 3. We've staggered these so we followed books 1 and 2 more along with history.

French - continue One Third Stories. It's light, funny, and perfect for his age.

LOL, it will be interesting to see if this list stays the same by June! :lol:

What's in your plans for next year?

What is a science daybook?

For my 3rd grader:

AAS2

WWE2

W&R fables

A shakespeare study

BA2/3 or SM2/3

Mystery science

Sotw ancient

HAS

I'm hoping to throw in sss, ssl, and a project for all three, but we will see.

writing/grammar: finish BJU English 3, IEW all things fun and fascinating, copy work across the curriculum

Bible: finish Vos

Latin: Latina Christiana 

Spelling: Spelling You See finish D then E

Math: BJU math 4 + Singapore 4A and 4B

History: Biblioplan Middle Ages and SOTW 2 plus activity guide

Geography: Draw Europe, GeoPuzzle Europe, 10 days in Europe with interesting books on countries as we go along.

Science: BJU science 4 

Literature: a combination of MBTP lit units and MP lit guides from third grade core.

Cursive: start write software to create our own cursive copywork.

Art: Home Art Studio 3

Music: piano 

Electives and fun:

Fashion Design 1

Continue work with Raspberry Pi 3 and programming

Yoga, theater, and various other electives at umbrella school. 

• Like 1

For my 3rd grader:

Math Mammoth 3 (with the rest of Beast Academy 2)

FLL 3 (using 2 this year and loving it)

Spelling Workout D (natural speller)

Writing and Rhetoric 1&2 (I'm anticipating she'll love this because she loves writing)

Apologia Astronomy (did NL this year and it was not for us. So simplistic. Still on the lookout for something that we like and choosing apologia because it looks pretty)

MP States and Capitals (did Draw Europe this year and she said she'd like to try something different for next year)

SOTW 3-love this series, we listen to the audio.

Doulingo for Spanish with review of GSWS, which we have loved this year (she's been doing typing.com all year to prepare) Also just purchased Speaking Spanish with Miss Mason and Francois, which I've been eyeing for a couple of years now. This will be done daily along with Duolingo.

Continue with typing.com

Continue with piano (John Thompson)

Dropping Shakespeare, composer study and artist study next year to simplify our day and because she gets that in her 1x/week Charlotte Mason drop-off program.

Little sis will tag along with history and science.

ETA: Also we are trying a couple progeny press lit guides for The Courage of Sarah Noble and The Bears on Hemlock Mountain.

ETA: Changes

Edited by ailysh

For my 3rd grade DD:

CLE Math 3rd (2nd half) and 4th (1st half)

Spellwell B and BB

Language Lessons for Today 3rd

Copywork - daily

McGuffey - read a lesson aloud once a week

Science in the Beginning

History - nothing that exists out there. If I am unable to figure it out or get over my stumbling block or plan it myself, then we'll do history only from Heart of Dakota Bigger.

• Like 1

I love 3rd grade! I'm thinking...

Mosdos Opal

WWE 2

Fix-It Grammar

Vocabulary from Classical Roots 

Beast Academy 

History Odyssey: Early Modern History of US 

RSO Physics

It feels like too much. He'll be in a science/social studies/literature coop 2 days a week. 

Edited by librarymama
  • Like 1

Still thinking through a lot of this but so far I've got the following for my upcoming 3rd grader:

Math: R&S math 3

Latin: Finish Prima Latina and move into Latina Christiana

Literature: myths and fairy tales with a bit of Teaching the Classics analysis thrown in

Grammar: R&S English 3 done orally

Writing: IEW All things fun and fascinating

Cursive: NAC 2

Spelling: Apples and Pears

Science: MP Mammals

History: American History from my own booklist

Geography: MP States and Capitals

Cathechism and Bible stories

Edited by WoolC
  • Like 1

CLE Math
RS English with Pentime OR CLE LA 
WWE 2 maybe
Something for science and history
Family Time - not even close to having this all planned out yet

After spending the better part of this year in a very bad place, I've decided to go another direction.
Sticking with the CLE math but everything else will be A Modern Charlotte Mason Early Modern. We already did our consult and I feel so much better. I don't do well with things undecided and all the little details with 6 kids were going to kill me. I don't do details.

Edited by Mommy to monkeys
things change. such is life.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about everything.

Math - finish Saxon 5/4, start 6/5
Spelling - AAS 4
English - R & S 3

Writing - finish WWE 2, I'm not sure what else
Science - RS4K Chemistry, plus some kits

Bible - Explorer's Bible Study, Beginnings II God's Promises

Lit and History - I'm writing my own curriculum for the kids next year. I think. It will be based on the 20th Century and will use some SOTW 4. And some books from the VP book list. 

• Like 1

Starting year 4/3rd grade in 2 days.

Maths Pearson NZ curriculum 3A with BA 3A slowly.

Writing IEW SWIA

Grammar - various

Latin - latin's not so tough 2

History - SOTW3 as spine with oxford childrens history, who was? Books and fiction.

Science - various including who was books

Music and art as for science

PE - homeschool PE, basketball and swimming.

It's a workbook like this: Science Daybook.

What are you using for your Shakespeare study?

Thinking of getting this.  https://usborne.com/browse-books/catalogue/product/1/10509/see-inside-the-world-of-shakespeare/

and perhaps getting How To Teach Shakespeare to Children out.  I had read part of it before, but may do that with her. 

Not an in depth study. 

Thinking of getting this.  https://usborne.com/browse-books/catalogue/product/1/10509/see-inside-the-world-of-shakespeare/

and perhaps getting How To Teach Shakespeare to Children out.  I had read part of it before, but may do that with her. 

Not an in depth study. 

Lovely!

We're hitting Shakespeare twice this year.  We just did a round with ELTL, which scheduled Beautiful Stories From Shakespeare, and then we'll go more in depth at the end of the year with SOTW, The Shakespeare Stealer, and Shakespeare For Kids activity book.  The "For Kids" part is misleading, though.  The writing is a solid end-of-elementary/middle school so there's no point in doing the reading with it if we're not dragging it out.  I'm always looking for something more kid friendly.  I may have to see if I can find the Usborne book.

Reading: assigned reading daily.

Writing:

CAP W&R. We'll be up to Narrative by then.

Grammar:

MCT Town

Spelling:

AAS 5/6/7

Math:

Beast Academy and Key to... books.

History:

SOTW3 with comprehension questions and mapwork.

Science:

Undecided

Latin:

Finish GSWL and I Speak Latin, then on to Lingua Latina. 

Still a work in progress ...  I think we are all settled for next year! 

Bible-- ??? Something together Bible Bowl/Morning basket

Language Arts- AAS 3, MW 1, TC, BW, IEW Fix It

MM 3

Science-- either Education Exploration or ???

History-- BP modern World Geography year

ETA:

Spanish -- Foreign Language for Kids by Kids

Piano, soccer, gymnastics

I'm a full-time student again, so we're going to be using Acellus for the core four (LA, math, science, social studies/history) + two electives (engineering & Spanish). It is a way for my DS to work *mostly* independently while still having to be an accountable student. Plus, it keeps track of records & grades without me having to do that. This is what our family needs right now. Acellus lessons are so short and to the point without unnecessary busywork, so I add in supplements to extend our school day (to 4 hours max daily) and ensure my kiddo is still getting exposed to a "feast of foods." It looks like a lot when written down, but it's actually rather simple and fun. We pretty much just read a lot of books, pursue interest-led learning, and keep it engaging. Language arts & math are our focus, followed by science because that is my son's favorite subject.

Language Arts/English: Brave Writer (A Quiver of Arrows & Jot it Down!). Mad Libs for fun extras.
I have a struggling/reluctant writer, so I'm hoping BW will be the answer to our prayers. It seems wonderful.
Not sure if I want to add in an italic handwriting book or stick with Draw Write Now for penmanship practice.

Spelling: Apples and Pears.

Literature/Reading: Read alouds from living books. Readers from a list of mom-assigned books. 

Math: Math Mammoth? If not, then Singapore. Life of Fred as a fun supplement. Maybe finish up Beast Academy 2.

Science: Mystery Science + read alouds. BrainPOP Junior.
We also have a STEM subscription box from Amazon we make the most of.

History: Read alouds + Magic School Bus, Bill Nye, and documentaries that compliment what we're learning at Acellus.

Geography & Culture: Little Passports + read alouds from Give Your Child the World. Review map skills as needed.

Fine Arts: Piano lessons. Doodle diaries. Artsy fun things from Art Lab & the Artful Year. We're still in the years of learning through play, exploration, discovery, and wonder so I don't have a formal art/music history program yet. Still letting his imagination run wild and lead the way.

Logic/Critical Thinking: fun workbooks I've purchased off Amazon + continuing to master Chess

For Fun: Orphs of the Woodlands (a reading adventure). BrainPOP Junior and other fun, educational apps we get through a co-op we're apart of.

Edited by Erielle

Math: Singapore 4A/B

Language Arts: FLL 3, Copywork daily, Dictation weekly, daily narration from reading selections. Possibly Treasured Conversations?

Literature: AO selections

Science: continue BFSU vol 2

History: This Country of Ours (American History spine) + SOTW 1

Spelling: ?? I need a workbook based thing that he can do independently. 

Latin: continue GSWL, then ???

Typing, Chinese School, Piano, Gymnastics, Maker Club

Bible Study: Continue with BSGFAA 

Math: MM3, XtraMath, Math Weekly Practice Grade 3 Workbook (for some spiral review)

Reading: Finish AAR 3, move on to AAR 4

Literature: BYL 3 readers, BYL 3 read alouds (with big sister)

Spelling: AAS 3

Vocabulary: WW 3000 Book 3

Composition: All Things Fun & Fascinating Theme Book 

Grammar: GuestHollow's Beowulf Grammar

Handwriting: Not sure yet

Science: RSO Chemistry

History: BYL 3 (SOTW 3)

Geography: MP States & Capitals

Spanish: GSWS, Duolingo

Extras: Logic games, weekly co-op, and MMA class

Math: singapore 3A/B, Multiplication math Facts 6 wk class, Jiji Math for fun

LA: The Good & The Beautiful la & lit level 3 using only parts and pieces, CAP W&R fables, Building Spelling Skills 3, Easy Grammar 3, pentime 3 cursive

Fall Lit: Sign of the Beaver writing a book report: 6 wk class

Winter & Spring Lit: bravewriter single arrows coinciding with Science units: Nim's Island Then The Wind In The Willows 

Science: Fall; TGTB Space Science & STEM class, Winter: TGTB Water & Our World, Adventure of Sharks & Dolphins class,  Spring: Frogs & Toads, Natural Disasters class  

History/Geography: TGTB history yr 1, Unit 4, Beautiful Feet Around The World

Bible/memory: AWANA 

CO-Op; cooking, art masters, PE

Edited by Hallyv
Never set in stone

• 2 weeks later...

Math: MM 4 and start 5

Grammar: FLL3 or maybe road and staff 3

Writing: WWE 2 and start 3

History: Sonlight C and VP self paced Ancient Greece

Spelling: SWO C

Foreign Language: Need something to follow Song School Spanish which he LOVES!!

Science: Sonlight C

Logic:  logic countdown ect

Vocab: Wordly Wise 1 : is that what comes after C??

Bible: Sonlight

extras: piano (Hoffman Acadamy), swimming, Cadets

Edited by chicagoshannon
  • Like 1

CLE Math, LA, and Reading 3-I’m hoping this won’t be workbook overload!

Pentime handwriting 3

R&S 2nd grade science (it looked like such a cute book)

Various living books for everything else

We absolutely LOVED R&S Science Patterns of Nature, it was my daughter’s favorite thing all year ! Edited by Hallyv
  • Like 1

Math: Singapore 4 & Beast Academy 4

Language Arts: Lots of read-alouds, daily writing time, & daily silent reading

History: World history with real books (still working on a book list)

Science: Biology with real books (still working on a book list)

French: Skoldo French 2

Art: Artistic Pursuits Bk 3

Extra: Piano lessons, swimming, & cub scouts

Hello! We will use:

BYL (level 3) which will cover Early Modern American history, science & literature.

McRuffy Math - level 3

Spelling Workout - level C

Language Arts -still deciding:

Grammar Galaxy

Fix-It Grammar

CAP WOL

CAP W&R

Writing Tales

Wordly Wise

Tossing around Latin but I'm not sure if I want to go there yet.

This summer we will also be doing the BFB Geography Through Literature.

This will be our second year homeschooling. It’s so helpful just to type this all out. Whew! I feel better already.

Math: Singapore 3A/3B

Reading: AAR 3-4, Inference Jones, reading to Mom, lots of read-alouds

Language Arts: HWT Cursive Handwriting, AAS 3-4, WWE 2, FLL 2, Marie’s Words

Science: RSO Physics 1, plus studying physicists in BF History of Science

History: SOTW 2 or SCM Middle Ages (can’t choose!), plus studying Giotto and da Vinci

Extra: OT, social skills group, homeschool PE class, and group piano class

My 3rd Grade plan so far:

Grammar- MP English Grammar Recitation 1 (never tried this but it’s simplicity appeals to me)

Spelling- finish AAS3, move to 4

Writing- slowly start IEW All Things Fun & Fascinating, if he’s ready

Handwriting- still deciding- need a lot of work in this area— love the CC Prescripts books

Math- Teaching Textbooks 3

History- Mystery of History 1: Ancient World

Science- God’s Design for Animals & Plants

French with Duolingo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I have planned for my DD

Math: Math U See Gamma

Spelling: Spelling Workout C

Handwriting/Cursive: Finally finished all of Handwriting Without Tears, so we will be doing WWE 1 along with ds who is in 1st grade. Cursive will be New American Cursive book 2

Grammar: First Language Lessons 3

History: SOTW finish 1 and hopefully complete most of 2

Science: Apologia Anatomy (we did Physics and Chemistry this year and really liked it)

Latin: Song School Latin (going to give this a try...we've never done latin!)

Might do some TLP Guides. We did 4 this past year, so we might take a year off of those. We also do lots of reading from the library for science and history. Planning field trips, too! :)

Does this ever get any less overwhelming?!?

• 1 month later...

For my third grader:

Math Singapore Math and Beast Academy

English: BJU English, SWO C, and something for handwriting, and maybe add in W&R or Write Shop.

Science: Mystery Science and Apologia Botany and then Astronomy if we get to it

History: SOTW Ancients

Geography: A Trip Around the World

Hope to add in art, music, and a physical activity, and maybe French and/or Latin

• Like 1

I plan to use

Math: Teaching Textbook, I think he will do level 4

Grammar: Thinking he will do MasterBooks Language Lessons for a Living Education

Spelling: Thinking he will finish his Spelling You See we started this year

Science: MasterBooks God's Design Life Science

History: Beautiful Feet Early American History Primary

Bible: Thinking MasterBooks Elementary Apologetics

On 2/5/2018 at 9:59 PM, Lisa in the UP of MI said:

Math: Singapore 3A/3B

English: AAS 3, WWE 2, FLL 2, partner reading

History/Literature: parts of AO years 1/2

Science: with 1st grade brother, probably reading from encyclopedias and doing hands on work

Religion: Bible, Catechism, and saint stories

Spanish: tag along with older siblings

I've made a few changes:

We'll be doing Geography with BYL year 0 (and some undetermined supplements) instead of history, and life science for science (maybe RSO??).

• Like 1

I have a plan! 

My twins turn 8 in July, they are all over the place so who knows how this will really unfold but here’s my tentative plan:

BYL level 3 with -  Dropping this for Horrible Histories and Mystery Science

mystery science

GSWF

singapore for DD  DD is going to try PS!

BA for DS DS is going back to Singapore

Bravewriter Partnership Writing

I hope it’s not too much. 

My 8yodd (turning 9 in early September) will be doing the following as of this moment:

Math:  Finish Saxon 3 (she's on lesson 75) and move on to Saxon 54

Language Arts:   I think we'll be finished with Phonics Pathways by that time but if not, finish it.  Continue reading McGuffey's aloud to me several times a week.  Spelling U See (new to us, we'll see how it goes.  Continue Rod and Staff Grammar (finish grade 2 and go onto grade 3).  Finish Cheerful Cursive and then do copywork.

History/Science/Poetry:   Finish Heart of Dakota's Bigger Hearts for His Glory.  She's on week 15 now.  We're only doing it 4 days a week so it should stretch almost to the end of her third grade year.  We'll move on to Preparing when we are finished with that.

Planning to start Latina Christiana I with her and her next older brother next year.  We'll see if that works out.

Editing to add:. 

Writing: W&R Fable.  She will love this.  I'm looking forward to having a girl who likes to write.  She already writes long elaborate stories so this will be fun.

Bible:. We're doing Foundations year one   so we'll just continue it.                

Math - continuing on with the next thing in Singapore US. It’ll be 3B/4A probably with FAN Math as a supplement

Spelling - continuing with Spelling Workout

Cursive - Zaner-Bloser 3

Writing/Grammar/Lit - BW

History - State history using a guide from MBTP with her siblings and then interest led if it doesn’t stretch out over the entire school year

Science - finish up earth/space and then maybe physics?

On 2/4/2018 at 11:39 PM, Meriwether said:

I'm not sure about everything.

Math - finish Saxon 5/4, start 6/5
Spelling - AAS 4
English - R & S 3

Writing - finish WWE 2, I'm not sure what else
Science - RS4K Chemistry, plus some kits

Bible - Explorer's Bible Study, Beginnings II God's Promises

Lit and History - I'm writing my own curriculum for the kids next year. I think. It will be based on the 20th Century and will use some SOTW 4. And some books from the VP book list. 

Getting Started with Spanish

I was thinking Prima Latina, but my oldest is saying to do Latin for Children. We'll see. I'm not sure she'll have the grammar for LfC yet.

SCM Art Study

Opal Wheeler biographies for music appreciation. Dulcimer lessons. Perhaps piano lessons.

We'll do geography as a summer term, but I'm not sure how much she'll overlap with the bigger kids. I think I'll continue continent boxes with her and get her solid on states and capitals.

Classically Cursive for handwriting and Dance Mat Typing for typing.

She will continue with AWANA and TKD next year.

I'm still in the beginning stages of planning.  

DEFINITE:

ENGLISH:  WTM's WWE and FLL.  We really like that.  

MATH: Beast Academy and Balance Benders.   We love both of those.  DD actually did a happy dance when I pointed out that she had yesterday's Balance Benders still to do.  I ration them out.  

HISTORY : SOTW 3 with lots of extra books.  

LITERATURE:  The children's books I'd wished I'd read and didn't because I was reading adult books by then.  For example, just started book2 of wizard of oz series.  

Everything else is still a bit undecided.  But those are the basics.  

BIBLE:  We will continue with the Bible almanacs type books.  We do one bible reading a night.   I dislike the approach of memorizing random sentences of the bible out of context.   I am keeping my eye out for a Children's bible that is like the real bible (not just the stories, which have been great) but with the priestly and x-rated bits removed.  

SCIENCE? - Her daddy might teach another physics lab class.   That worked well for the spring.   He taught a class for the older kids who did the main setup and lab.   Then the second class was for the younger kids who mainly played and experimented with the lab.  

I'm still in the beginning stages of planning.  

DEFINITE:

ENGLISH:  WTM's WWE and FLL.  We really like that.  

MATH: Beast Academy and Balance Benders.   We love both of those.  DD actually did a happy dance when I pointed out that she had yesterday's Balance Benders still to do.  I ration them out.  

HISTORY : SOTW 3 with lots of extra books.  

LITERATURE:  The children's books I'd wished I'd read and didn't because I was reading adult books by then.  For example, just started book2 of wizard of oz series.  

Everything else is still a bit undecided.  But those are the basics.  

BIBLE:  We will continue with the Bible almanacs type books.  We do one bible reading a night.   I dislike the approach of memorizing random sentences of the bible out of context.   I am keeping my eye out for a Children's bible that is like the real bible (not just the stories, which have been great) but with the priestly and x-rated bits removed.  

SCIENCE? - Her daddy might teach another physics lab class.   That worked well for the spring.   He taught a class for the older kids who did the main setup and lab.   Then the second class was for the younger kids who mainly played and experimented with the lab.  

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have everything planned out but here is what we have so far:

Language Arts:  WWE3,  Wordly Wise 3000,  FLL3,  Spelling Workout D,  A Reason for Handwriting D

Science;  Apologia 

Math:  undecided but most likely Saxon or CLE,  continue LOF Honey,  Ice Cream, Jelly Beans

Piano:  finish Piano Adventures 3B and begin 4.  I am a piano teacher so she gets lots of help with this and loves it.

History:  Draw and Write through History,  biographies, DVD from library, Draw Africa,  not sure about the rest yet

Children's choir and plays at our church

Reading:  she is a solid reader so she will read several chapter books

PE:  riding bike, roller skating, swimming, play with friends,  am also trying to find a local PE class for homeschoolers

I have made several changes!  New 3rd grade plans:

• Language Arts:  SWO C & D (I think she can get through 2 levels in a year), FLL 3, WWE 3, Pentime 3, various lit/history books
  • Math: CLE, Family Math
  • History: Biblioplan/SOTW finish 3, start 4
  • Geography: MP States & Capitals, Little Passports USA kits
  • Bible: MP Christian Studies I
  • Science: Elemental Science for the Biology Stage
  • Latin: Prima Latina
  • Art/Music: Artistic Pursuits, Artpac, Story of the Orchestra
  • 3 Shakespeare plays and 2 Plutarch's Lives as a family/co-op

Tentative plan:

CLE math 300's

R&S English, Dictation Day by Day, Pentime, reading list plus family read alouds.

Early American history: Pioneers and Patriots, Stories of the Pilgrims, books from BF, HOD, SCM, U.S. history memory work.

Sheppard's Software

Possibly SCM's Pond and Stream, maybe just the book list, maybe A Beka science book 3.

Family Studies: SCM Bible, artist, poetry, composer, literature.

Piano

Soccer in the fall.

As of right now...(updated)

Bible - VPSP Joshua-Kings
Math - Finished Saxon 1-3, switching to something....Considering RS D, SM 3, or BA - picked Right Start D!
LA - SWO D, R&S 3, IEW ATFF/Journaling, ZB 4, Sonlight Readers (grade 4/5), Reason for Handwriting C 
History - SOTW 2, Sonlight C, CC timeline
Science - ES Chem
Foreign Lang - Hey Andrew! Greek Level 1 and continuing from this year: Prima Latina and Song School Spanish 

Hope to add in - a CM enrichment time inc: Scripture memory, poetry, art, and character training

Violin, Baseball, Basketball, co-op 2x a month

6 hours ago, sandra in va said:

As of right now...

Bible - VPSP Joshua-Kings
Math - Finished Saxon 1-3, switching to something....Considering RS D, SM 3, or BA
LA - SWO D, R&S 3, IEW ATFF/Journaling, ZB 4, Sonlight Readers (grade 4/5) 
History - SOTW 2, CC timeline
Science - ES Chem
Foreign Lang - Hey Andrew! Greek Level 1 and continuing from this year: Prima Latina and Song School Spanish 
RA - Sonlight B + other favorites

Hope to add in - a CM enrichment time inc: Scripture memory, poetry, art, and character training

Violin, Baseball, Basketball, co-op 2x a month

What is SWO D?

Bible: VP Self paced

Math: MLFLE 3 & 4

LA: Growing with Grammar 3, Winning with Writing 3, Write Shop units in between, Soaring with Spelling 3

History: VP Self Paced Greece & Rome or Middle Ages

Science: RSO Chemistry

Foreign Language: Song School Spanish

Lots of reading, ballet and karate.

I am separating my kids this year, so my 3rd grader will get

BYOL 1 - bc we need to do SOTW1 AGAIN

Elemental Science - chemistry

Singapore Math 3B and beyond.  I would like to get him started on Beast Academy.  We'll see

WWE3 and may be MCT

AAS3

Story of the Art, Story of Orchestra. 

We also do country of the month and person of the week, so need to figure out that one.