Menu

Deleted main post. Thank you.

Riverland

Please DO NOT QUOTE. 

I may need to delete.

Our dear, sweet, precious daughter passed away from epilepsy. She was 18 years old.

Delete/Edit

.....Thank you everyone for taking the time to read about my lovely daughter. I greatly appreciate all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. 

I'll be forever grateful for the time we had with her and for the compassion she taught us and those she encountered throughout her life to have for those who are silently struggling. Be kind. Be gracious. Accept and Include. Encourage your children to do the same.

Edited by NotEnoughTime
  • Like 7

I am so very, very sorry.  I'm sorry her life was filled with hardship, and I'm sorry she was taken so soon.  She sounds like an amazing girl, and I'm so sorry you don't get more time with her.  She was obviously loved deeply, and I have no doubt she knew that.   I wish there was something more to say, but I will pray for you as you grieve.  

Edited by JudoMom
  • Like 10

:grouphug:  You did not fail her. By what you wrote, I can tell you poured a lot of life into hers. She was so very blessed to be in your family. Sounds like everyone in your family was a blessing to her and vice versa. Grieve now. It really is okay. Your heart has been torn to pieces, we get that. Grieve. It's not going to be an easy path. And you're right, she is in a much better place now. Find joy in that. And know that she loves you and smiles over you, even now.

• Like 23

I am so, so sorry. I cannot fathom your pain. I never understood the cruelty of death until I lost my mom. You are so right. It is a horrible, awful thing. You are not to blame, though. I well remember those horrible feelings of guilt with my mom, all those stabbing thoughts of what I wished I would have done and should have done...all the regret, all the heartache. My only solace was Jesus. He comforted me in a way I cannot explain and gently reminded me to trust Him even in that horrible time.

• Like 4

Oh, Lord. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious girl. It must feel as if your heart can't possibly bear it. This is a loss like no other, and I'm grieving with you.

You did NOT fail her. Contrary to what others (and what we moms) believe, parents can't control the future and we can't prevent every tragedy and heartbreak. You did so much for her as her fierce advocate and support system. There are things that are out of our hands, and no matter how vigilant we are and how hard we try, we can't control every outcome.

I hope and pray that as you remember your sweet daughter, you will let responsibility for her too-early death fall off your shoulders. Her life was too short, but YOU made it a worthwhile one, and I have no doubt that she felt your love each day.

• Like 6

:grouphug:  You did not fail her. By what you wrote, I can tell you poured a lot of life into hers. She was so very blessed to be in your family. Sounds like everyone in your family was a blessing to her and vice versa. Grieve now. It really is okay. Your heart has been torn to pieces, we get that. Grieve. It's not going to be an easy path. And you're right, she is in a much better place now. Find joy in that. And know that she loves you and smiles over you, even now.

scrapbookbuzz said everything I am thinking, but more eloquently than I'd be able to type. I am so very sorry for your loss and you and your family are in my prayers.  :grouphug: