Menu

Can we play “Name This Baby!� ??

lexi

We’re expecting another girl! Ahh! I’m all out of names!

I need ideas!

The rules are:

It cannot start with A, B, C, E, H, or J.

It cannot be a biblical name.

I would love for it to be two syllables. All of my kids have 2 syllable names.

Bonus points for a name that does not end in an /ee/ sound. (We have several of those already).

Our last name starts with H and is 3 syllables. It ends in an /er/ sound. So no names that would rhyme with that ending.

Here are the names of my children:

Ellie

Cora

Jaylyn

Adley

Brynlee

Jaxon

So what goes well with those names?

Help me! This munchkin is due on the 4th of July and my hubby jokingly calls her “Merrika†I need some real name options! Lol!

• Like 1

There's Mareike https://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Mareike Would your dh go for that? The one I know pronounces it Ma-ree-kah

I knew a Marijke, too. http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronounce/Marijke

LOL

How about Miranda? Rosie?

Lol! He’s totally kidding. He’s just enjoying making me crazy.

He doesn’t actually like that name at all. He just thinks it’s hilarious. He’s mostly excited that the baby could be born on or right around his birthday. But he’s not super helpful with names at the moment.

Mabel

Sophie

Congratulations! 😊

ETA: Oops! Sophie has ‘ee’!

I do like Sophie though. I love names that end with the EE sound. But I’m starting to call my kids by the wrong name. I’m confusing myself. I’m really trying to find a name that sounds different.

Lol! He’s totally kidding. He’s just enjoying making me crazy.

He doesn’t actually like that name at all. He just thinks it’s hilarious. He’s mostly excited that the baby could be born on or right around his birthday. But he’s not super helpful with names at the moment.

Yeah, I know. I just thought you should throw him so optons. LOL

My dh is just like that.  I couldn't get him engaged in reasonable discussions about names until the very end.  He was in seminary during my first pregnancy and kept suggesting weird Old Testament names like Mahamaherhasbat or something like that.  When I told him to suggest something reasonable, he said, "Otto." Oh, brother. Somehow they ended up named.

I love 'ee' ending names, too. Mine is and so is my daughter's. :)

I also love that you have a Cora. One of my favs. We cannot use any name with an R anywhere in the name because it just does not work with our last name.

So here are my R names I love and will never get to use! ;)

Georgia

Norah

Lorin/Lauren (they sound the same to me)

Rowen

If its not spelled with the biblical spelling, is that ok? :laugh: Because then I'd add:

Sara

Rebecca

Though I vastly prefer Rebekah. ;)

Charlotte has a C but a different sound.

Others:

Isla

Tessa

Megan

Morgan

• Like 1

I typed your list into Nymbler, and got some very bad sibling suggestions (e.g. Ella or Jaelyn, which are both fine names that would be be confusing with the names you have).

But also the following that Iike

Michaela (spelled many different ways)

Rose

Lila

Leah

Isla

Phoebe

Danielle (too close to Ellie?)

• Like 1

I typed your list into Nymbler, and got some very bad sibling suggestions (e.g. Ella or Jaelyn, which are both fine names that would be be confusing with the names you have).

But also the following that Iike

Michaela (spelled many different ways)

Rose

Lila

Leah

Isla

Phoebe

Danielle (too close to Ellie?)

Ooops, I obviously missed the "no Biblical names" thing.  Goodbye Leah and Danielle!  Could you convince yourself that Mikayla isn't really a derivative of Michael?

Obviously, I really like Mikayla. 

Nymbler is a naming app that gives you more names that "go with" the names you enter. Entering your kids names generates:

Charlotte

Zoe

Harper

Karyn

Kaylen

Makayla

Lena

Kaci

...among others.

I like the Zada suggestion above. I like Z names... Zola, Zadie, Zuri...

• Like 1

The rules are:

Bonus points for a name that does not end in an /ee/ sound. (We have several of those already).

Our last name starts with H and is 3 syllables. It ends in an /er/ sound. So no names that would rhyme with that ending.

Ellie

Cora

Jaylyn

Adley

Brynlee

Jaxon

Isolde

Ivy

Georgette

Lilian

Flora

Frances

Laura

Odette

Katherine

Edit: I read your post three times and I still missed that you said you knew it was a girl. Whoops.

Edited by Tanaqui

Mika

Karis, Kara

Kellan

Ida

Daphne

Lily

Rosa

Sara

Brenna

Quinn (but only one syllable)

Bridget

Ruby

You’ve got a mix, with several contemporary names at the end, so you could continue in that vein, or you could go back with classic like you have in Ellie and Cora, and it would all go well, I think. So many choices!

Any family last names that would fit? Or does your husband’s name have a feminine form, since she’s due around his birthday?

My favorite girls’ names are Katherine, Abigail, Elizabeth, Laura, Alice, Julia, Anne, and Caroline, but I don’t think they fit with your other names.

• Like 2

We’re expecting another girl! Ahh! I’m all out of names!

I need ideas!

The rules are:

Ellie

Cora

Jaylyn

Adley

Brynlee

Jaxon

So what goes well with those names?

Help me! This munchkin is due on the 4th of July and my hubby jokingly calls her “Merrika†I need some real name options! Lol!

Liora (does not fit all criteria but came to mind first)

• Like 1