Menu

Spanish: 2 years in 1 on a transcript

daijobu

My daughter enrolled in the Spanish 3 class with Language Bird this year.  It turns out in another week or so, she will have completed material for Spanish 3 and Spanish 4 already.  I'm wondering how to document this in our transcript.  

I could call is spanish 3 in fall semester and spanish 4 in spring semester.  Or I could call it a Spanish 3+4 class for her junior year.  Or an accelerated Spanish 3+4 class.  

It was a one-on-one class with a teacher, and it proceeds at the pace of the student, so she learned a lot in a short period of time.  

This is interesting. How do the fees work out? If you completed Spanish 3 and Spanish 4, were you charged a full year tuition for each course?

Not the person you're asking, but the CC did charge us for two courses finished in one semester, in this case German 3 and 4.  The language courses at the CC are self-paced, and dd had had a lot of German going in, so she just blew through the material.  They just sent us a bill for a second semester's worth of credit when she finished the material for the 4th level.  If they're going to award the credits, they want their cut... sigh.

Edited by Matryoshka

My daughter is doing a similar thing with Spanish 1 and 2 at Homeschool Spanish Academy.  She finished Spanish 1 in about half of the suggested time and will probably finish Spanish 2 in a little more than half, so she'll finish both of them this school year (tenth grade) or slightly later.  I'm going to list them both as separate classes.  She did the work and learned the material; I don't see why she should be penalized and only receive one credit for the two because she moved through the material faster.