Menu

Looking for fruit flavored sodas like Knudsen

Cosmos

I'm in search of fruit flavored sodas that actually taste fruity. We used to buy Knudsen spritzers, and they were perfect. They were fruit flavored sodas (not seltzer) made with real juice and in interesting flavors like boysenberry and tangerine. Unfortunately, they have been discontinued.

I haven't found anything else that's really similar. Sometimes I buy juice and plain seltzer to mix together, but the cans were really a great convenience. We only want to drink sweet beverages occasionally, say on pizza night. Also it was really nice to be able to keep several flavors around to offer to guests.

I do know about San Pellegrino, and they're okay, but they only have citrus flavors. Anyone know of other brands with more flavors? I don't really care whether they are made with real juice or not. We only drink them occasionally and think of them as soda. I just want something that tastes good, though I do prefer not to have day-glo colors. And I'm really looking for something that I can buy in single-serving cans or bottles.

Have you tried Izzy sodas?

Here’s a link: http://www.izze.com/products/

No, I've never heard of them before. But that's just the kind of thing I'm looking for. I used their store locator, and they should be available at a local store here (one I never shop at, which is why I haven't seen them). I will definitely make a special trip and give them a try. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes, Izze!  They are not overly sweet, but they really fit the bill when you're wanting a "soda" but don't want all the ick that comes in one.  They;re really good- adults and kids alike drink them here when they have them.

They come in cans or bottles and in a nice variety of flavors. Clementine is the favorite flavor here, I think. 

• Like 1

Hansen makes some, or they did. They aren't as good as Knudsen, but then, can anything be as good a Knudsen Blackberry? I used to buy them by the case for our horse trainer. 

I know! I can't imagine why they stopped making them. The company still is around making juice, just no spritzers. :(

My DH is an Izzy addict.  Seriously we once listened to sermon about alcohol, giving an example of a guy going to the fridge to get a beer, but there wasn't one, and he was really upset and jittery and needed someone to go to the store, because how could we be out of beer?!....  DD and I both turned and looked at DH!  He's that way with is Izzys!

• Like 1