Menu

Flylady support thread for Tuesday January 30 (Baby Step #30)

3 ladybugs

Hello Flyminds! 

Welcome to the Flylady support thread. To find out what Flylady is: http://www.flylady.net/ You can also find people on YouTube if you search for it.

We have completed the baby steps found here: http://forums.welltr...nday-october-1/

We have also completed a Building a Control Journal series found here: http://forums.welltr...-16-tue-oct-24/

If you would like to share your small accomplishments on instagram, please do so at #wtmflylady

Flylady Babysteps:

Day 1 - Shine your kitchen sink!! 

Day 2 - Dress to shoes! 

Day 3 - Exploring the Flylady’s website!

Day 4 - Write things down! 

Day 5 - Write down what you hear

Day 6 - Hot spots!! 

Day 7 - Pick out your clothes 

Day 8 - Get a ring binder and put paper in it 

Day 9 - Declutter a few minutes at a time 

Day 10 - You can do anything in 15 minutes!! 

Day 11 - Add an inspiration page to the control journal 

Day 12 - Delete emails 

Day 13 - Find a mission and do it! 

-------- The days below till the next line are links to my blog. I don't get any money from this so hopefully it isn't too tacky. 

Day 14 - Use a calendar

Day 15 - Make your bed

Day 16 - Read Flylady emails

Day 17 - Set a bedtime and stick with it

-----------

Day 18 - Learn the 11 commandments of Flying! 

Day 19 - Read testimonials 

Day 20 - Include laundry in your routines! 

Day 21 - Check out Ask Flylady or adding to the control journal 

Day 22 - Where is your control journal? 

Day 23 -  Set your afternoon routine 

Day 24 - Swish and swipe 

Day 25 - Learn how the routines developed 

Day 26 - look at the bottom of any Flylady email 

Day 27 - What’s for dinner? 

Day 28 - Eat good food, drink your water and get your rest 

Day 29 - Set time to enjoy the weekly pamper sessions 

Day 30 - Check your calendar for next month’s events - http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/31-beginner-babysteps/day-30/

Well you can’t get much simpler than this! Sometimes I feel like that next page in my calendar is a mile away. Funny how it really isn’t.

Morning Routine

• Get up and make your bed

• get dressed to lace-up shoes, hair, face

• Swish and Swipe your bathroom

• Eat breakfast, drink water, and take meds and vitamins

• Recognize negative voices and change them

• Reboot your laundry

• What’s for dinner?

• Put out your Hot Spots for two minutes

• Five-minute Room Rescue (pick a room). Set your timer and go!

• Spend 15 Minutes decluttering each day. You can’t organize clutter!

• Look at your Control Journal. Your Post-It Notes remind you

• Read Your FlyLady Emails as a reward for doing your morning routine.

•  

Afternoon Routine

• Eat lunch and drink your water

• Take a few minutes to relax

• Start Dinner remember the side dishes

Before-Bed Routine

• Keep your sink shining

• Lay out your clothes for tomorrow

• Put in a load of laundry

• Check calendar for tomorrow’s dinner! Pull out of freezer.

• Put out your Hot Spot.

• Drink your water and take evening medications and supplements

• Look at your Control Journal check list.

• Time for bed; consider yourself tucked in!

Need more inspiration?

https://youtu.be/VoihjOQ8s7s

An overview of the whole 31 days.

http://www.collington.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Flylady-beginner-baby-steps.pdf

Advanced Flylady: 

This week the Flylady is focused on Zone 5 - Living room (January 28 - 31), Zone 1 - Entrance, Front Porch, Dining room (February 1-4)

Tuesday - Planning Day - This could be anything that needs to be planned. Meal planning, lesson planning, activity planning, holiday planning, or anything else.

Today's Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday)Let's have a detailed vacuuming session.  This means to vacuum the room, making sure to get up against the baseboards and to get under the furniture.  Please be careful that you don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture.  If it is too difficult to get under the couch or chairs then just try to get as close to the base of the furniture as you can. 

Fly Kids Mission (We only have missions Monday through Friday): Today we are going to go into our rooms and gather up things that don't belong. Things like, water bottles, cups, glasses,snack wrappers (you know all those things that you are not supposed to have in there!) Let's set a timer for 5 minutes and get to it.

Throw away what needs to be tossed and return the things to the other rooms in the house where they belong. Have you "borrowed" anything like scissors or glue that needs to be returned? Make today a put away kind of day.

Ready? Set? GO!  

If you are new to Flylady, please join at any time. There is no better time then now to learn to keep your house clean the easy way! 
  • Like 1

Zone cleaning:

--Dust ceiling fan

Morning routine

Afternoon routine

Daily:

--Sweep house minus bedrooms

--Sweep deck and front porch

--Hall bathroom tidy

--Clean out fridge - trash night

--Gather trash and take to can

--Take can to curb

--Have ds dust his room

Extra:

--Buy birthday card for dd's boyfriend

--Buy graduation card for niece

--ATM for cash

Dinner: Chinese food or leftovers

Edited by Night Elf
  • Like 1

I am here I am dragging today. I put some bad cream in my coffee last night and it bit me. :( However I want to do my chores so here I go. 

• Breakfast
  • lunch
  • dinner
  • snack
  • laundry wash
  • laundry dry
  • laundry put away (Darks)
  • make bed
  • dressed
  • empty dishwasher
  • what's for dinner
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 15 minutes in the zone
  • 30 minutes ME time
  • grade papers
  • 5 minute hot spot
  • update blog
  • bible reading
  • make dinner
  • prepare for tomorrow
  • shine sink
  • brush teeth
  • wash and moisturize (morning)
  • wash and moisturize (evening)
  • Educate ODS
  • Swim class for both children
Edited by 3 ladybugs

I'm not having a great mental health day but having established routines definitely helps me keep up. All I want to do is curl up in bed and not move all day. However, I did get dressed and have managed to do my few chores that needed to be done today. The rest has to wait until after dinner. 

I did laundry yesterday so didn't need to do it today and it made me sad. Isn't that weird? Laundry is my favorite chore of all. There's something very satisfying about hearing those machines running, then folding and putting away clean clothes. I feel a big accomplishment when I've done laundry. Moreso than any other chore.

We have had a virus in our home for almost three weeks now, so I've been scattered. I have made some decluttering progress, which is great!

Been there done that. If you are able to do ANY progress you deserve a big  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray: . I hope your family is back to normal soon! 

I am considering myself doing okay today. My youngest fell asleep right after dinner last night so no decluttering of the living room was done. I have high hopes for today. In the meanwhile I am trying to do the other things on my list. :)

Good evening Fly Friends!  Today was Baby Step Day 8  -  Get binder, put paper in, and write down my simple morning and before bed routines.  I didn't have a 3-ring binder laying around so I used a spiral notebook.  I'm pretty much staying on track and getting everything done.  Sometimes my morning routines drags on till around noon but I'm getting the things done and I think I'll be quicker after winter.

I say that because we heat with only a wood stove.  This means that the stove room might be 83 degrees but the bathroom is 56 degrees.  I don't relish spending a lot of time in there first thing in the morning. We do have several electric space heaters but the electricity cost adds up pretty fast with those.  When we first moved into this house it had a heat pump so the house was a more or less uniform temperature but it died 2 years in.  We had it fixed once but it went out again.  The repairman said he could fix it for $900 but wouldn't guarantee it.  So we got the wood stove and converted our front porch into a stove room.  DH likes to cook on the wood stove!

Another thing is that we only do laundry once a week because we have a really really deep well and only a small pump.  The electricity in the house is not wired new enough to let us get a bigger pump so we have to be careful with our water usage.  Not because of the well but because of the pump.  So I don't get to have fun with the laundry  :-(

I don't know if this is important, but I did want to mention that on Baby Step Day 8 the Cajun Lady video is correct but Diane's is for Day 7 again.

StoveRoom%2052_zpsgennszwq.jpg