Menu

Quark Chronicles - Botany in 8??

Momof3plus

Hi, I've just purchased the Botany series of Quark Chronicles, along with the note booking pages. I notice that there are 3 different core reading requirements. 

My children are 7, 6 and 4 years old. Is the Botany in 8 book necessary? If I were to purchase the DK book, the Arabella Buckley books and and the Little Wanderer book, would we be missing key information if we miss out the Botany in 8? 

Also, because the note booking pages and recommended reading don't line up with Quark (I just noticed!), would it be okay to read the Quark book as a bedtime read aloud and carry on with the note booking pages at out own pace, along with the additional reading - if that makes sense.

Thanks.

IIRC, you pick just one set of readings (Core Reading 1, 2, or 3) and do those. So you're not doing all three cores, and each week you just do the readings that correspond to whichever core you picked. So pick which set of readings you like the look of best, and don't worry about the rest. (That's my memory of it, but you can always contact KathyJo - she's very good about responding.)

And yes, you can read the Quark as a bedtime and do notebooking at your own pace. You're right that they don't line up, so there's no need to try to keep them together. 

• Like 1