Menu

Readers similar to the B.O.B. books

coastalfam

If you can find them, the Now I'm Reading series by Nora Gaydos is good. I think the pre-readers, and levels 1 and 2 are still in print, plus my library had a few. Things get trickier at level 3.

ETA: just read more thoroughly (should have done so the first time) - the NIR series is great, but I'm not sure it would fit the "large print, extra space between words" requirement

Edited by JIN MOUSA
  • Like 1

We use Progressive Phonics readers on the tablet so that we can view one page at a time.  This makes the font large, and all the words meant to be read by the student are red.

We also like We Both Read books.  And the Usborne Phonics Readers.

We also used Progressive Phonics and the Nora Gaydos books. Wendy, thank you for those additional recs. I have to teach my little one to read soon, so they are greatly appreciated!

We LOVE the Phonics books by Frontline Phonics. The best books we used. The family I nannied in college used them because there were written by thier grandfather. Later when I had kids I bought them used online. I had to buy the whole curriculum pack, but I only ever used the phonics readers not the instruction.

I just did a quick search and it looks like they may be harder to find. Here is a link I found.

http://www.homeschool.com/resources/frontlinephonics/