Menu

Membership Read Aloud Revival

Our experience has been completely different.  Yes, I hate the way that they never have membership open, but we have gotten so much out of the membership.  We are very literature-based in our approach to homeschooling so seeing the authors has been such a hit with my kids.  My kids range in age from 6-13.  We have discovered so many new, up and coming authors that I wasn't familiar with, but there are also favorite authors that have been such a treat.  The whole family workshops have been such a huge help with our writing because real authors and poets have come into our living room to model and share their writing process.  I am amazed at how often ideas I have shared with my kids through our writing program (Brave Writer) have then been mentioned over and over by the visiting authors.  I ask my kids ever so often if they still enjoy the membership and it is always an enthusiastic yes. Finding the RAR membership site has been a really unexpected gem in our homeschool journey.  The nice thing is that you can join for a month for $15  and watch as many author visits, family workshops, and master classes as you want to and then cancel. I feel like Master Class on The Rule of Six is worth the $15 alone because it has been such a game changer for my homeschool.  I loved her book Teaching from Rest, but the Master Class really helped me to take it one step further to become clear on my vision for homeschooling and to move forward with a solid plan.   

• Like 1

Our experience has been completely different. Yes, I hate the way that they never have membership open, but we have gotten so much out of the membership. We are very literature-based in our approach to homeschooling so seeing the authors has been such a hit with my kids. My kids range in age from 6-13. We have discovered so many new, up and coming authors that I wasn't familiar with, but there are also favorite authors that have been such a treat. The whole family workshops have been such a huge help with our writing because real authors and poets have come into our living room to model and share their writing process. I am amazed at how often ideas I have shared with my kids through our writing program (Brave Writer) have then been mentioned over and over by the visiting authors. I ask my kids ever so often if they still enjoy the membership and it is always an enthusiastic yes. Finding the RAR membership site has been a really unexpected gem in our homeschool journey. The nice thing is that you can join for a month for $15 and watch as many author visits, family workshops, and master classes as you want to and then cancel. I feel like Master Class on The Rule of Six is worth the $15 alone because it has been such a game changer for my homeschool. I loved her book Teaching from Rest, but the Master Class really helped me to take it one step further to become clear on my vision for homeschooling and to move forward with a solid plan.

I do agree that it’s worth it to try for a month. I just found that with the ages of my kids at the time (1-7) they didn’t get much out of it except a couple author interviews my oldest watched with me. I think in a year or two I’ll try it again.

I do agree that it’s worth it to try for a month. I just found that with the ages of my kids at the time (1-7) they didn’t get much out of it except a couple author interviews my oldest watched with me. I think in a year or two I’ll try it again.

I think it is definitely designed for ages 6 or 7 and up.  

It's worth it for me to join for part of the year. I joined in the fall. I will Get up to date on all the content and deactivate after the Tomie dePaola interview. I cried during his interview last year. I love him! It is quite a large expense for us so I can't justify keeping it the whole year. But I do enjoy it while I have it.