Menu

My kids have broken me!

hjffkj

Yesterday all but one kid was had rough days. And I mean really rough. It took every bit of energy to keep it together, stay calm, and help them through their issues the best I could. And the end of the day I was so drained I would have fallen asleep the second my head it the pillow. Sadly, it didn't hit the pillow until 2:30 because the 1 year old was screaming for hours and couldn't sleep. Then he kept waking up every hour or so until being up for the morning at 7! Dh helped with him but by midnight he was falling asleep sitting up so told him I've got it since he had to work early this morning.

Most of the kids seem better today aside from my 5 year old. Problem is, he's my worst when he's having a bad day. So far he hasn't had a full on meltdown but he's close.

I just want sleep and happy kids! Vent over.

• Like 1

Are they sick?

No. Essentially, the 5 year old is being his normal self with his extreme meltdowns. The rest of the kids are just sick of it so their behavior has been going downhill for attention and pure frustration.

Edited by hjffkj
  • Like 1

Hugs...just keep moving forward minute by minute hour by hour. With a disabled teen and a toddler in the throws of the terrible twos...I can empathize. I just tell myself to just make it through the next 10 minutes, then just get through this next hour, and eventually I've survived another day...hang in there!! :)

Oh man I hate days and nights like that. Glad your dh was able to help, my kids want nothing to do with dh during the middle of the night.

Oh the baby doesn't want anything to do with dh at that hour either but he doesn't get a say in the matter. He has to learn to be soothed by dh also.

Hugs. There were a few days last week when I seriously contemplated asking DH to stay with the kids for 48 hours so I could go stay at the nearest Hilton and sleep for 2 days straight. You'll get through this.

That sounds wonderful! My parents will have all 5 for 2 nights in middle February and i can't wait.

Today, I'm surviving by reading a lot to them, letting them play in the tub as long as they want, and justing letting them snack on healthy food all day.

It is almost 3 and we haven't turned the TV on yet and I'm quite proud of that. TV just makes it worse in the long run.

• Like 2

Made it through dinner and they all ate without fussing at all!! Miracles do happen. I did burn myself 3 times while cooking though because I was so tired and careless. I asked my oldest to double check that I had turned off all the burners because I didn't trust myself.

One hour until bedtime routine starts. I think I'll put them to work moving the computer in my room. This is something they want to do so it'll be heavy lifting right before bed.

Thank you all for the support and letting me vent. It's just one of those days

• Like 2