Menu

What's with the ads?

freemanfamilyof6

Looking for a brief unit study/curriculum on journalism?

Has anyone found a good unit study or curriculum on journalism?  Looking for something brief to teach the basics to my middle schooler, but she can easily do the work if it is high school level.  We will be possibly using Byline next Fall, but I am looking for something much shorted to finish out the school term.  She has a opportunity to submit a story for a local magazine, but I want her to know the basics before she starts the writing process.  Thanks.  

School Journalism website lesson plans -- pick and choose lesson plans of interest

High Five -- three stand-alone units, each is 6-weeks long; for your needs, check out Unit B

Unit A = Media Literacy and Newspapers

Unit B = Become a Journalist -- "how to" of writing

Unit C = Go to Press -- "how to" of layout and printing)

Introductory News Literacy -- this is all 3 units of High Five, adapted and in one pdf file

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 2