Menu

Well that was scary

Scarlett

the boards were down from at least 3pm pacific time.  I tried several times on my phone while I was out and waiting.   then immediately tried on my laptop as soon as I got home to see if it was just my phone.   I ended up going to bed after midnight -they were still down.

• Like 4

The boards were down from at least last night around 10 until just now...

Wouldn't it be weird if the board never came back up? Think of all the people you 'know' here that you would have no way of contacting.

I wasn’t starting to panic about that yet, but I think if I woke up this morning and they were still down I would have.
  • Like 4

Yeah they were down last night and then when I started school today. It was SO LONELY!

This is probably a clue I do an unhealthy amount of mindless surfing to this site, but realizing I couldn’t contact practically anyone was kind of horrible. I admit I even googled to see if there were any announcements posted that I missed.

You ladies are my virtual coffee klatch!

Me too!

Yes, I have a problem.  

• Like 2

No one else worries that everyone else can get in and it's just you that has been banished? Glad to be back.

I checked one of those "is it down" sites to make sure it wasn't just me.

I'm friends with a few members on facebook but for the most part have no way to contact most people here. It was getting close to panic time, but thankfully the boards were back up when I got up this morning.

• Like 4

Yeah I’m so glad they’re back up. I’m pretty sure I was actually having withdrawal :o

Me too! I’m off to think about how many other things need to be done in life besides reading these boards...😜

• Like 3

No one else worries that everyone else can get in and it's just you that has been banished? Glad to be back.

Not that I've been banished but that it's an issue with my computer, or wifi, or something.

I actually cleared out all my cookies, and history and restarted my computer, then I joined the WTM group on Facebook to see if there were any messages about the forums being down.   :laugh:

• Like 3

I went to bed earlier than usual and had my 17 yo checking on the forums before she went to sleep. It's funny how dependent I am on all of you to learn new things, to have my way of thinking challenged, and then there's actual homeschooling issues. So thanks everybody for making the boards a wonderful place!

I do find that interesting. The longer I homeschool the less I want to talk about it. I was much more interested in education theory when I was implementing less of it. Weird, eh?

I find if I spend too much time on the curriculum boards I want to program hop too much, anyway :lol:

Ditto.  

Now when people ask me why we homeschool, I'm like, "I have no idea.  It would just be weird to change things at this point."   :lol:

• Like 10

I had the outline of the page with the blue border - and it said well-trained mind - but it was otherwise blank.  so I thought it was my computer.

I checked one of those "is it down" sites to make sure it wasn't just me.

I'm friends with a few members on facebook but for the most part have no way to contact most people here. It was getting close to panic time, but thankfully the boards were back up when I got up this morning.

me too.  it wasn't helpful.   then I found the urban dictionary for the forum, and the favorite definition was about us all being far right christians and you can't be on the forum unless your a christian and they don't talk about politics.   I thought about our resident wiccans and muslims - not too mention the plethora of very liberal atheists and thought - the guy was an idiot, but there was no way to correct it.

I also thought - we need to have email addy's for irl so when the board goes down, we can at least reassure ourselves it's not just us!

Me too! I’m off to think about how many other things need to be done in life besides reading these boards...😜

there are other things to do?

Some of my boardie peeps and I just switched to texting. It isn’t the same though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

need to exchange #'s and emails.

Me too! But they talk about educating their children which isn’t what I was looking for. ;)

:smilielol5:

Not that I've been banished but that it's an issue with my computer, or wifi, or something.

I actually cleared out all my cookies, and history and restarted my computer, then I joined the WTM group on Facebook to see if there were any messages about the forums being down.   :laugh:

I thought it was my phone - so I checked my computer and the same thing.

I was too lazy to clear all my cookies.

after nine hours, I did get an email sent off to the ONE contact I have off the boards to find out if it was just me.

• Like 2

I do find that interesting. The longer I homeschool the less I want to talk about it. I was much more interested in education theory when I was implementing less of it. Weird, eh?

I find if I spend too much time on the curriculum boards I want to program hop too much, anyway :lol:

Me too.  My ds is a senior and I have lost all of my homeschooling enthusiasm.  I am just tired.  

• Like 1

I still like homeschooling.  But there isn't that much to talk about.  I know what I'm using and why.  I don't have too much angst about the process any more.  I will ask specific questions on occasion as they come up  And I will answer other people's questions if I can, but I don't really feel like I personally need to spend a lot of time talking about it.  I've done my years of training and inservice.  Now I'm just doing the work each day quietly and for the most part fairly efficiently.  (This isn't a brag.  I would hope that after more than 15 years of doing any job that I could do it fairly efficiently.) 

• Like 3

I had just opened the “Is Classical Conversations a cult†thread in another tab and was contenting myself by reading through some of those posts while I waited for the boards to come back up.  As long as I didn't refresh it and just scrolled down, it would stay.

Without the hive, it would be waaaaay harder for me to finish up homeschooling. My oldest will be in 11th next year and I still heavily rely on this board for feedback about various classes/currics. I need to find a good outsource for physics and pre-calc in particular next year. And I know I’ll need a lot of support when we finally start figuring out exactly what we’re doing for college. (Transcript, course descriptions, counselor letter, etc.)

I’m on here too much, though. It’s at the point where sometimes it’s not even fun. Some nights I’m desperate for sleep, and I still find myself clicking on the View New Content button.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

Yep, I was pretty much freaking out. My phone has been super glitchy the last few days and I thought my phone was blocking it or something. When I went to bed last night, I wondered who I was going to be accountable to for my exercise, and where else can I go to get so many different perspectives and discuss real (and sometimes fluffy!) things? It was stressing me out! Love you Hive!

• Like 1

It was down yesterday in the afternoon Pacific Time. I opened the WSJ webpage to check that my WiFi is working and to read the news. Then I just went about nagging my DS13 to finish his physics lab and DS12 to finish his math :lol:

My husband is looking at buying a home for retirement (if property market crashes again) so I just entertained myself house hunting while keeping my kids on tasks.

I was surprised the forum was still down when I went to bed at midnight. I am used to the forum going down at 11:25-11:35pm PST every day.

It crossed my mind that maybe my husband blocked the site via the router or something to get me to clean the house. :leaving:

That would be impossible. My home gets free but slow WiFi courtesy of the city’s utility company reading meters through WiFi. They let everyone within range use it and it’s fast enough for watching YouTube most of the time.

• Like 1