Menu

What is more likely? - Update in first post

lexi

Very, very unlikely your six week ultrasound was wrong. It's actually surprising they could reliably see baby at 6 weeks though. I assume you mean six weeks after conception and not six weeks along? I assume you'll have a 20 week overall ultrasound? Most folks do these days. That should clear up anything. It could be additional water weight. It could be two. One could easily be missed at six weeks. It could just be one of those odd things. A lot of us mamas of many have a similar story - an odd pregnancy with unusual heft/weight gain and ended up being a single.

I was six weeks along according to their dates. They could see a blob and a flicker of a heartbeat. They measured the blob and gave me a due date. So who knows!

I know every pregnancy is different but all of mine have been fairly similar. This one has been a mess.

Maybe I’m just old and my body is so over being pregnant. I’m so miserable! Lol! Ugh!

every pregnancy is different. just because you've always measured small -doens't mean you will always measure small.

hormones vary with each pregnancy too. HcG climbs - then drops down. so, you could be pg testing further along than you think you are.

with dudeling - I looked smaller than I did with my previous pregnancies because of how he was positioned. he was bigger than everyone else.

at six weeks - they can't see much anyway - I've had a transvaginal one at seven? weeks - mostly it was a yolk sack and a heart beat. they were looking at the placenta. (I was bleeding)

so - they could be wrong for dates

could just be the way baby is positioned - what's your core muscle tone like? weaker muscles will pop you out sooner.

could be twins.

I've had pregnancies with tons of energy (she has tons of energy too) - and pregnancies I was just exhausted and could barely stay awake.

What’s my core like? I don’t think I have a core anymore. After the 3rd baby it’s been all downhill. Not good!

Sigh. I need to work on that. Maybe someday....

• Like 1

Check back in when you know.

Ahhh

I am voting twin girls though.

Healthy pg vibes

Lol! I think that’s what my hubby is thinking.

I vote for one baby that is due in June. I’d love another boy but with our track record I doubt that will happen!

I’m feeling a lot better lately. I’m about 16 weeks supposedly. Hopefully the second trimester will be a little easier.

If there was a blob with a heartbeat they measured at that point (6 weeks) your dates would not be that far off. It would not change to another month or a few weeks especially. It could be off a few days at the most. At 6 weeks though maybe one was missed. You could just be measuring big though with just one.

Edited by MistyMountain

If there was a blob with a heartbeat they measured at that point your dates would not be that far off. It would not change to another month or weeks especially it could be off a few days at the most.

Sigh. That’s kind of what my midwife said. She seemed to think the ultrasound was pretty accurate for dates.

But I wanted that to be the simple explanation.

I’m popping out and I’ve had to start telling people. I normally don’t announce it until closer to 20 weeks (outside of family).

I’m usually able to hide it until then because I don’t show much. They always tell me my uterus is tipped or retroverted or something. I wonder if that’s why it takes a bit for me to show??

At this ultrasound the tech made a deal of my uterus being tipped backward or something. Whatever. I should probably look up what that means. Lol!

So that’s why I’ve been surprised that I’m showing so fast.

I guess it gives me an excuse to go shopping right? I need more comfy pants!

Pants? How on earth do you not have maternity pants already, after 6 kids, lol? I usually TRY to make it to the 2nd trimester to go maternity, but often can't. You've earned maternity pants by this point, put them on and be comfy! A belly band can hold them up if they are too big. 

Pants? How on earth do you not have maternity pants already, after 6 kids, lol? I usually TRY to make it to the 2nd trimester to go maternity, but often can't. You've earned maternity pants by this point, put them on and be comfy! A belly band can hold them up if they are too big.

Some of mine have seen better days. I want new ones!