Menu

Can someone please explain Purple Math (MathHelp.com) to me?

DD is reviewing Pre-Algebra on Purple Math after it was recommended here.  I'm either just drawing a Mommy blank or it's just not explained well how to use the program.  I emailed them and asked detailed questions and they were very general in their answer and didn't answer my questions.  I asked for the intro. video and he told me that it was outdated, but he sent it to me anyway.  It was very short and didn't explain anything in detail at all.  Am I missing something on the site that explains how to use it?  If you've used it, could you please tell how to best use this program and explain kind of a step by step way of doing the program daily?  Thanks!

For example, she watches the lesson and does the self tests, but on the grade report it shows a lot of "incompletes" and that she's not completed 111 self tests.  What is she doing wrong?  This is what she does each lesson...  Chooses the lesson, watches the instruction videos listed and then does the self test.  I told her to start doing the practice problems before the self test.  It keeps testing you until you make an 80 or 100 (not sure which).  I want to get the most out of it and I just don't feel we've had any direction on what to do and are just winging it.