Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!  We have friends coming over to watch football today so I've got some stuff to do to get the house company ready.

-coffee

-get house picked up

-make sure at least one of the kids' bathrooms is presentable for company

-get vegetables cut up and skewered for shish kabob

-read/relax/jigsaw puzzle

-go to nearby consignment shop to look for new TV credenza (I know in my mind what I want, but cannot find it online)

-make sure DS16 has done his homework

-make sure DS16 has washed his school and baseball uniforms

-football

• Like 6

Chauffeuring

Yesterday, I installed a new sliding drawer in a kitchen cabinet, added a knife rack, put most of my knives in knife protectors, used sharpening stones and steel to start sharpening knives. So, today, sharpen more knives, count quantity/sizes of knife protectors still needed and add to online order I'm putting together.

In extra time between chauffeuring, do bills and emails, or at least make a start.

• Like 6

Good morning! It is snowing here, we have already gotten about 3 inches and it is supposed to snow for another 4 hours or so. The storm will have moved on before I have to leave for the last meet session of the weekend. Ds2 and I already went to mass, so I am drinking coffee and made sure they spelled dd2’s name right in the paper. That would be my sports parenting specialty.

To do:

More coffee

Daily chores

Read

Watch football

Go to meet/ watch swimming and football

Have a great day!

• Like 5

Morning to you all--I'm  battling the nausea, dizziness, body aches viral bug that my dear husband had a few days ago.   He's better, but I'm still in my jammies. He gets to be the point man for all the kids while I....

...need to make high school boys' weekly school schedule, and then the younger ones'  schedules.  Older boys need the detailed schedule for the week to function well.  Too many moving parts to just wing it.

...rest, shower and dress, and  try to keep my cool with my angry teen son. I am apparently the most unfair mother on the planet. 

I might just watch a chick flick instead.  :)

• Like 6

Good morning ear feeling a little better today

- coffee

- school work- still working on it

- sudafed and ibuprofen q6 hours (if I forget I feel it)- just need to do the bedtime dose

- dishes- load in dishwasher and hand wash done

- laundry- done

- fold/put away laundry- done

- quick tidy living room- round 1 done

- quick tidy kitchen- round 1 done

- dinner- done

- baths/showers

- bedtime routine

- anything else I get done

Edited by MomtoCandJ
  • Like 5

Good morning!

Got chores done extra early this morning and went to town for teen driving practice and to get groceries. Shopping is so much more enjoyable when you're the only ones there. ;)

It's a yucky, rainy day here. It's crazy that we had severe cold for the past three weeks and now we're having thunderstorms in January. :confused1:

•do second round of horse chores

•text hay supplier

•plan my week

•tidy up house

•do a few more loads laundry

•read and relax

•dinner: salmon fried rice/cauliflower rice & I'm making wontons for the kids

• Like 4