Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

CaliforniaDreamin

Thank you gift idea?

What can I do for my bosses as a thank you gift for allowing my husband and I to stay a weekend in their vacation home?

I would like to do something for them. We are in an industry where they seem to get a lot of wine as gifts. That is my usual standby but people are always bringing them wine and they don't drink often. They also don't eat much sugar and I know she thinks flower arrangements are a waste of money.

Any ideas for me? So far I have- a plant. And that feels kind of lame.

A nice fruit basket?

Is there something that would be useful or fit a theme at their vacation home?  Perhaps special kitchen towels, coffee mugs, bird feeder, wind chimes, etc.

• Like 2

Is there a gift card that could work? Like a store or restaurant near the vacation home?

A nice fruit basket?

I would do one of these.  

A nice olive oil and vinegar pairing

I vote for this. Gift cards to someone who makes more than you, as I presume that a boss would, seem kind of tacky. At Christmas, I get an assortment of olive oil and vinegars from a vendor to whom I refer clients, and it is my favorite of all such gifts, especially the blood orange olive oil. It makes a fabulous dressing. Specialty oil and vinegar stores are everywhere these days. I would see what they offer.

• Like 4

A nice olive oil and vinegar pairing

I agree. We have a new olive oil and I gear shop near us. It’s my new go to gift.

• Like 1

I'd vote for a selection of unscented or beeswax candles.  They can admire them for a time and then use them.  Net result ~ no clutter.

Regards,

Kareni

Edible arrangement, tea or coffee assortment, throw blanket or beach towels depending on if this is a mountain cabin or beach/lake house, or candles. 

What can I do for my bosses as a thank you gift for allowing my husband and I to stay a weekend in their vacation home?

I would like to do something for them. We are in an industry where they seem to get a lot of wine as gifts. That is my usual standby but people are always bringing them wine and they don't drink often. They also don't eat much sugar and I know she thinks flower arrangements are a waste of money.

Any ideas for me? So far I have- a plant. And that feels kind of lame.

A coffee table book for their vacation home?

If you haven't already figured it out OP....

For Christmas this year, my mom made a photo book for my DD22.  My DD went on a storm chasing trip last summer and as a part of the class she had to create a blog and post lots of pics to the blog.  So she did.  She shared the blog with us, my parents, her school, etc.  My mom basically just snagged many of the cool pics from the blog, as well as some of DD's descriptions, and then created a photobook on like snapfish or similar.  It's my DD's favorite gift and it really does carry a different significance than having the blog.  The blog might have all the same images, and often, the same words....it's just not the same compared to book form.

Perhaps when you go, you could take a bunch of pics around the vacation home, pretty things about the yard/home/location/view, and put together a photo book that talks about how great the place is? 

• Like 1