Menu

shapewear?

ktgrok

So....in good news, I'm down a jean's size. Mine have been falling off lately, so i tried on the smaller size and they fit. But...my very squishy belly ends up poking out over the top. And then I end up wearing a top that is a size too large to try to hide that a bit. 

Is there any shape wear for the muffin top area that is actually something that could be somewhat comfortable? And easy to pee in? Like not some body suit contraption. 

And I'm nursing, so can't cover the books. 

Thanks! 

There are shapers that are like camisoles - tight camisoles! - but I wear them like a bra and don't need BF access. What about shaper shorts like these?

https://www.spanx.com/thinstincts-high-waisted-mid-thigh-short?&camp=CSE:GOOGLEPROD:kw=smYQWwuoB_dm|pcrid|227215703417||pnt3||&gclid=CjwKCAiAy4bTBRAvEiwAFtatHMj4k-gK3q1jfhZd1sSXx1FI7Ah7c1ibyq8Pj9bOR_51kBmBU9LrKhoCHncQAvD_BwE

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I personally think shape wear is a cruel invention that should be banned in civilized nations.

Seriously though, I used to wear some but it never worked well. Something was always popping out in a different location. Unless it is designed like a scuba suit, whenever it stops pulling you in other things start bulging out, lol... Well at least that was my experience. So, my stomach looks better but now I get back fat or side boob? Never mind....sigh

• Like 6

I personally think shape wear is a cruel invention that should be banned in civilized nations.

Seriously though, I used to wear some but it never worked well. Something was always popping out in a different location. Unless it is designed like a scuba suit, whenever it stops pulling you in other things start bulging out, lol... Well at least that was my experience. So, my stomach looks better but now I get back fat or side boob? Never mind....sigh

LOL, same. I was hoping they'd invented something better! I may keep wearing my belly band from pregnancy,  I sometimes wear it just to cover my tummy when I pull up my shirt to nurse, and it gives a bit of smoothing effect. 

• Like 1

I like shapewear. I have worn it since I was a teenager. Same reason as compression leggings in the gym....keeps jiggly bits from being jiggly and uncomfortable. I also love that it protects thighs from chub rub when you wear skirts. No tights needed! I hate the feel of tights on my feet.

Edited by Zinnia

I'm not sure it would work well for what you want.  I might look for a different style of jeans, but also what I've found in the past few years is I need a different style of top, so that it's the right size but does not really show my belly/muffin top.

So far, I'm hit and miss at recognizing the shirts like that, as they aren't the style I'm used to and some are unflattering to my body type in other ways, but once I have one I can wear them with even low cut pants or leggings.

I wear these all the time. They are soft and hold in my chubby tummy pieces without making me look or feel squished. I don’t wear a bra - this gives me the support I need

https://www.amazon.com/Flexees-Womens-Maiden-Sleek-Smoothers/dp/B00UZBPXOM/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1516467730&sr=8-10&keywords=Shapewear+camisole

However - since you need something for nursing - Maidenform has these Wear Your Own Bra styles -

https://www.amazon.com/Maidenform-Flexees-Womens-Shapewear-Torsette/dp/B0055X1OTS/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1516467730&sr=8-14&keywords=Shapewear+camisole

I'm on the smaller side, but I still have jiggly bits after 4 kids.  I've tried shapewear before and I just couldn't go there.  As I've gotten older, I just cannot stand being squished, confined, twisted, contorted, whatever you want to call it.  I now just try to find flattering clothing that smooth over the muffin top and love handles.  It took a while, but I did find some.  On top of that once the weather heats up, I feel like I'm cooking in the Spanx.  More than feeling squished, I can't stand feeling squished and sweaty.