Menu

What's with the ads?

Melissa in Australia

positive thoughts please

Oh no, Melissa. I am so sorry. This, after all you did to try to save that child. :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: What does this mean going forward? 

Edited by Jaybee

I am so sorry. 

Ignore my question if you don't want to answer.  But what does that mean?  Is there anything they are going to do to you or your family now? 

Sending good thoughts your way. 

:grouphug: I am so very sorry. Something very similar happened to a close friend of mine. It went on forever because she did every possible appeal. I am sending healing thoughts and prayers.

I’m so sorry, Melissa. I feel so awful for you that I don’t even know what to say. :crying:

I am so sorry Melissa.

You were put in an impossible situation.

Can you appeal?

As this has employment consequences, I'd explore every avenue possible to have this overturned. Did you end up speaking to your MP ? Are there any advocates for foster carers out there who can advise?

• Like 3

What. WHAT. That is... just... bullshit. No, this can't be.

I'm so so sorry.

• Like 1

Oh Melissa, I so wish I had something helpful or comforting to say.

The system is so broken.

Edited by maize
  • Like 2

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope something can be done to right this wrong. You and your family are in my thoughts.

What a nightmare. I wish I knew someone in Australia who could help you. ((( )))

I have finally got the results from our appeal.

decision upheld. Caused substantiated emotional abuse of a child in my care

:crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Never ever foster. It destroys your own children. It destroys relationships. It destroys your mind

I'm so sorry. :( What is going to happen?

I agree with you on never fostering. My parents took in foster kids and it was the worst thing that ever happened to our family. I'm so sorry you are going through this. :(

:(  :(  :(  :banghead:

After everything you tried, after all that you and your family were put through, after working SO HARD EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE.OF.EVERY.SINGLE.DAY to save this poor damaged child (who was damaged LOOOONNNNNNGGGG before being placed in your care) this is how it ends up?  Did they even actually investigate?   :boxing_smiley:

Sending hugs and hope for a miracle of some kind...I'm wishing with all my heart you could get some sort of a break.  

• Like 8

I have finally got the results from our appeal.

decision upheld. Caused substantiated emotional abuse of a child in my care

:crying: :crying: :crying:

Never ever foster. It destroys your own children. It destroys relationships. It destroys your mind

I'm so angry for you right now.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry.  I hope there is something you can do with an attorney.  The system abused that child and you.

• Like 3

the main substantiated abuse:

Because I couldn't hug him after he was spying on me while I was having a shower,  I supposedly made him feel rejected, therefore I caused him long term emotional abuse that he is still having troubles with.

Un fricken believable.

A friend of mine took on Vic docs a few years ago and won. Would you like me to talk to her?

• Like 9

Because I couldn't hug him after he was spying on me while I was having a shower, I supposedly made him feel rejected, therefore I caused him long term emotional abuse that he is still having troubles with.

Wow, that is unreal!

I’m so sorry. 😢

Because I couldn't hug him after he was spying on me while I was having a shower, I supposedly made him feel rejected, therefore I caused him long term emotional abuse that he is still having troubles with.

I’m speechless. (And angry!)

Because I couldn't hug him after he was spying on me while I was having a shower,  I supposedly made him feel rejected, therefore I caused him long term emotional abuse that he is still having troubles with.[/size]

That's abusive towards YOU, in my opinion.

I am really fuming on your behalf.

Edited by StellaM
  • Like 18

I am so sorry Melissa.

The "charges" are completely ridiculous. For one, you cannot "require" someone hug someone else. What about your bodily autonomy? Not to mention the implication of having physical contact with a child who may have been trying to gain sexual pleasure in watching you. Hugging him would have been completely inappropriate.

• Like 13

I am so incredibly sorry.

That is insane.

:grouphug:  doesn't really cut it.

Sick buggers.  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Sounds to me like someone was scared that they had done the wrong thing and are preempting by taking you to court over it in stead. That's pretty bad!

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 3