Menu

!!CC!! Help me name our homeschool and find a verse please!

home4school

I have two sons, 10 & 12, absolutely ALL BOY. I keep coming back to something with knights, I don't know why. Maybe the logo could be a sword and shield. I came across this verse maybe to go under the name.

“. . .
let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light
.â€

(
)

All the names sound kind of dorky: Knights of the King, Knights of Christ, Temple Knights, Kingdom's Knights....see dorky! And instead of just using Christian Academy or something at the end, maybe _____ ______ Training Academy?

"...take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:16-17

Isn't there another verse that says something about thy sword and shield are my protection or something like that? I can't find what I'm talking about.

And this keeps bringing up the Knights Templar. Where they really good or did the story turn that they were actually corrupt and as bad as some of the thing I came across on the internet?

Maybe the knight thing is not the right direction, but I keep coming back to that!

Thanks for your help!

Blessings,

Kim

I like all the suggestions but Armor of Light rings the most true since that is our first job - to help our kids "put on the whole armor of light that they might be able to stand'. If we aren't teaching that, what are we teaching?

Heather

:iagree: see, I told you I was easy to please. Heather I love your siggy by the way and can I ask you what you're using for Modern History? Thanks

Oh, Mindy, I loooove the new haircut!

And, I guess its back to the drawing board....My oldest, ds 12, just let me know he doesn't want anything to do with knights and does not want Academy in the name. "Well, that sounds dumb. We're not at school, this is just our house." :glare:

Oh, well.:(

Kim