Menu

The Grief Process

scrapbookbuzz

For those of you grieving right now ( and this includes me ), I pray you breathable moments in your day, peace in the process, and the knowledge that it does get easier. Mine is fresh, as I'm sure it is with some of you. I know it gets easier over time because it did after the passing of my dad 14 years ago. 

I was able to be with him for the three weeks before he went Home to Heaven. This past Sunday, Mom went Home while I was 1200 miles away. I knew it was coming, I did visit last year, but knowing it's coming and dealing with it when it arrives are two different things. Yesterday I found it hard to breathe. Today my brain is numb. I just pray that my brain functions properly tomorrow while I'm traveling.

All this to say, I know some of you may be going through a similar time and I want you to know that you are not alone!  :grouphug:  We WILL get through this! In the meantime, allow yourself to grieve. Allow yourself to cry and be hurt. It's normal. Yes, it sucks but it's normal. You are not alone.

• Like 8

I'm so, so sorry. Today is the one year anniversary of my dad passing. I lost my mom in August. It sucks. (((Hugs))) and prayer for you and everyone walking through grief.

Oh, I am SO sorry! That has to be really hard losing both parents so close together in time. My mom's brother and his wife died within a year of each other. According to my cousins, my mom was a rock for them during that time. May you, too, find peace in the process.  :grouphug:

Oh, I am SO sorry! That has to be really hard losing both parents so close together in time. My mom's brother and his wife died within a year of each other. According to my cousins, my mom was a rock for them during that time. May you, too, find peace in the process. :grouphug:

Thank you. It's hard but we're not alone in our grief. That helps.

• Like 1

This is timely. Thank you for the post. My condolences on your loss and prayers for your safe travel.

Even though we knew it was coming (since he had been diagnosed with terminal cancer), the loss of a good friend on Monday morning was (is) deeply felt. One of my kids commented that his death hits them harder than the loss of their uncle (my brother) this summer and their grandfather (my dad) several years ago. He took it on himself to be an "in town" grandfather to my kids and always made time for their activities, even when he could barely walk after the cancer got into his bones.

• Like 2