Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
Ktgrok

MLK Day resources for young elementary?

I'd like to somehow cover this today, but honestly...my heart is so heavy and sore from recent political stuff I'm not wanting to get into it. Which I realize is TOTALLY an example of white privilege. And makes me feel terrible. We do of course discuss racism, oppression, etc on a regular basis, so I'm not avoiding the topic, just not wanting an in depth focus on it today. Are there any short videos, or age appropriate documentaries or anything for a 2nd grader? We LOVE videos, youtube, etc. Or could do a kindle book if there was a great picture book or something. 

Watch a little or all of the I Have A Dream speech on You Tube. Not sure how much a second grader will get out of it; just keep coming back to it in later years.

• Like 2

Watch a little or all of the I Have A Dream speech on You Tube. Not sure how much a second grader will get out of it; just keep coming back to it in later years.

Good idea!

My kids loved Martin’s Big Words. The pictures are lovely and if I remember correctly, the text combines the story of his life as well as quotes from his speeches.

Thank you all! We watched Our Friend, Martin and part of the I Have a Dream speech last night, and then discussed things together. It was just the right level for both of us right now.